Truth

Ingrid's POV

I couldn't find Iduna anywhere so I hoped that she was back at the house. When I got home, I asked Erik where she was.

"No one has come through the door since you guys left this morning." Erik said and I ran upstair and threw open the door to Iduna's room. There was Iduna sitting on her bed reading. She looked up at me. Erik poked his head through the doorway and gasped.

"What? B-But how?" Erik said shocked. I couldn't blame him, I was a bit shocked too. 

"The window." Iduna said plainly as possible as she pointed to the window beside her bed. Erik threw his arms in the air dramatically and turned and left. I walked over to Iduna's bed and sat down. I put my hand on her book and gently lowered it to the sheets. 

"Iduna, I was worried. Why didn't you wait for me?" I said and Iduna stared out the window, there was a short pause before she spoke up.

"I met Agnarr." 

"What does that have to do with you leaving?" I asked and Iduna sighed. She took a deep breath then spilled about how she had used to live in the Enchanted  Forest and her connection with prince Agnarr. I just listened in awe to her story. When she finished, I spoke.

"Iduna, why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked as I put a hand on her shoulder.

"It's just that so many people hate my people. I didn't know what you would think if I said who I was." Iduna sniffled and looked away from me.

"Oh, Iduna..." I said as I pulled her in for a hug. "I don't care about where you came from, we are all the same after all." I said and Iduna sniffled and hugged me tightly. 

"Thanks, Ingird." Iduna said and I thought I heard her mumble something like 'I love you'. We held each other tightly.