07

And when I told her I loved her
Another girl had caught my eye
She cried (she cried)
And when I kissed her
A kiss that only meant goodbye
She cried (she cried)

And when I told her
I didn't love her anymore
She cried (she cried)

She Cried
Jay and the Americans

—————

A N N I E

At the moment Annie and the boys, except for Yeah-Yeah and Squints, were sitting at the dugout burning in the heat.

The boys were drinking pop trying to cool down while Annie simply held the cold can to her arm which cooled her slightly.

"I'm melting." Annie mumbled to herself though nobody heard.

"Come on! Let's go!" Yeah-Yeah's voice was heard from the sandlot to those who sat at the dugout.

Annie moved her head slowly to see Yeah-Yeah and Squints running weakly as they had finally returned from the store with the new ball so they could all play. Even if Benny was the only one who wanted to play in the scorching heat.

"Let's go c'mon!" Yeah-Yeah said pulling Squints towards the others.

"Where you guys been? We've been waiting here forever already." Benny said approaching the two.

"Ah, Squints was perving a dish."
Yeah-Yeah said simply with a smirk.

"Shut up. I wasn't." Squints said making his way to sit down.

Annie scrunched her brows in confusion by what Yeah-Yeah meant by 'a dish'.

"Yeah yeah! Your tongue was hanging out of your head and you was swooning." Yeah-Yeah spoke making fun of Squints.

"Oh Wendy Peffercorn, my darling lover girl." Yeah-Yeah mocked dramatically which caused Annie to laugh silently.

"I said shut up!" Squints said angered.

"I got a lot of things on my mind." Squints said walking to the dugout taking a seat next to Annie.

"This pop isn't working Benny," Ham began and Annie predicted he would lose his mind soon. "I'm baking like a toasted cheeser! It's so hot out here!" Annie smiled victoriously as she had predicted correctly.

"150 degrees out there. You can't play baseball." Squints said. "You have to call it for the day." He finished lifting his soda to his lips.

"Vote then." Benny said and Annie sighed resting her head on the wooded dugout feeling as if she would die from the heat.

Oh how badly she missed snow. Or rain. Or cold weather.

"Anybody who wants to be a, can't hack-it panty waist who.." he struggled a bit before continuing. "wears their mamas bra, raise your hand." He finished and everyone raised their hands except for Annie.

"Annie?! You want to play out there?!" DeNunez asked the girl.

"How?" Timmy asked.