13

I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'll be mine, mine
And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile
Wishing on dandelions all of the time
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine
Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time

Dandelions
Ruth B
2017

—————

A  N  N  I  E

It was the next day and everyone was back at it to try and get the ball back.

The night before Annie showed her scrapped knee to her mom and asked for her mom to bandage her up which she did.

After cleaning the wound with rubbing alcohol which stung Annie's mom used a cloth with tape for her knee instead of a bandaid since the ones they had weren't big enough so they used what they had.

It didn't hurt badly when Annie woke up and she didn't limp anymore so it was a good thing.

It was slightly windy out making it kind of cold but Annie wore shorts again since she didn't want to struggle to put pants on and she didn't have any clean skirts so she wore red shorts.

With the shorts Annie had a long sleeved black sweater that was a bit baggy since it was cold for her.

She slipped her shoes on and braided her hair into a simple three strand braid before she and Scotty went to go to the Sandlot.

When they arrived it was a bit awkward between Annie and Benny considering what had happened the day before but Scotty was the only one who noticed since he knew why. And every time he looked at the two he would have a smirk on his face making Annie glare at him to stop but she always cracked an embarrassed smile.

They all came up with the idea to use a rope to pull Yeah-Yeah up over the fence so he could grab the ball.

Originally Annie offered to do it since she wasn't as afraid of the Beast as the others were and she thought it would be fun to hover a few inches over the ground a bit but Benny immediately denied the idea not wanting Annie to do it.

So they chose Yeah-Yeah.

Yeah-Yeah slowly started being lifted into the air as Kenny, Bertram, and Benny pulled the rope and Ham peddled a pulley which lifted Yeah-Yeah.

Squints was the lookout as the others were in the treehouse expect Annie who stood near Ham to help if anything happened.

Yeah-Yeah was lifted up over the fence and entered the Beasts territory.

"Let me down slow." Yeah-Yeah whispered and Ham nodded.

"A little slower." Yeah-Yeah said.

"Go slow." Squints said.

"Almost there." Yeah-Yeah whispered.

"He's almost there." Squints said.

"Let me down right over it." Yeah-Yeah said as he made it closer to the ball. "Ewww." He said in disgust as he held the ball.