09

I want to write you a song
One to make your heart remember me
So any time I'm gone
You can listen to my voice and sing along
I want to write you a song

I Want To Write You A Song
One Direction
2015

—————

A N N I E

It was a bright day and they were all once again at the Sandlot.

Annie wore a simple orange colored sleeveless buttoned top with white jean shorts and white ankle length socks with black sneakers. Her hair was in two low ponytails.

The boys were yelling at Squints to hurry up as he had to get the ball as Annie watched with amusement.

Benny's foot touched another base but Ham caught the ball and yelled.

"PICKLE!"

Benny ran back to the past base and ran back and forth as Yeah-Yeah and DeNunez threw the ball.

It somehow reminded Annie of monkey in the middle.

"Get him!" The boys yelled.

But of course, Benny got out of his pickle and his foot slammed on home base.

Some boys yelled in frustration and Annie just laughed before walking to the boys.

They were all in a group talking until some bike chains rattling were heard.

Annie chose to ignore the sound assuming it was a by-passer but a yell emitting from Squints mouth drew her attention.

"Oh no!" He exclaimed turning around looking at the boys.

Annie's eye brows furrowed in confusion as everyone began walking to where Squints stood. Annie, not wanting to feel left out, followed their actions and walked behind most of them.

Some boys threw their gloves on the ground but Annie kept her glove in her hand. Benny then picked up his bat which slightly confused Annie as whatever situation was taking place would tale a turn.

And she still had no idea who was there.

They all walked up to face a group of boys who rode on bikes and were in baseball uniforms. Their clothing and bikes reminded Annie of something but she couldn't put her finger on it.

Annie decided to hide behind two of the guys which were Benny and DeNunez.

"Eh it's easy when you play with a bunch of rejects and a fat kid, Rodriguez." The boy in front said. Annie peered slightly but pulled away before she saw their faces.

"Shut your mouth Phillips!" Benny said pointing his bat.

"What'd you say crap face?" Ham said.

"I said you shouldn't even be allowed to touch a baseball. Except for Rodriguez, your all an insult to the game." The boy said.

"Rude." Annie whispered to herself, still behind Benny and DeNunez with her back turned.

"Come on. We'll take you on right here right now! Come on!" Ham said as the boys agreed.