last show

warning: this story will contain mature content such as language, drugs, and sexy, smutty scenes. nsfw 18+ pls!

smut will occur...

It had been about five days since the incident with Alex. You and Tom decided not to involve the police, already having seen them one too many times recently. And there was no proof that Alex did what he did anyway. And while there was a weapon, Alex never shot anyone with the gun. So it seemed pointless.

Your relationship with Tom hadn't changed much since then. If anything, you were spending more time together than ever before. He liked to say that you were making up for 'lost time,' meaning whatever time you had wasted on Ryan. He had spent pretty much every night with you and it looked like the streak wasn't going to break....

Until tonight.

It was Friday night and everyone was winding down from the week's load. You and Tom were sitting on the couch, currently binging the new season of Big Mouth on Netflix. You showed it to him earlier in the week, and he didn't understand why you liked it. It was gross, for one. But you wore him down getting further into it, telling him that it brings up serious topics about gender, sexuality and general identity hardships that one can face during prepubescent and adolescent years. Although he grew more acclimated to it, you were still genuinely surprised when he asked if you could watch it. But he almost took it back when you began teasing him about liking it.

Anyway, it was a typical night for the two of you.

Harrison and Viv clamored through the front door, coming back from dinner or somewhere. You and Tom greeted them before turning back to the TV, Harrison and Viv parting ways. Harrison went into his room for a moment before peeking his head out.

"Tom, do you wanna go?"

Tom unwrapped his arm from around you to look at his watch, seeing that it was almost 9:30.

"Yeah, ready whenever you are," he replied.

"Okay, just give me a few minutes."

Your ears perked up at their conversation, turning to Tom with a puzzled look on your face.

"Going, where?"

"Tonight's the last show at the club before Dan takes it down to the new one," he explained, his tone a little too casual.

You were silent for the next few moments, trying to choose your next words carefully.

"Do you...think it's a good idea to go?" you replied hesitantly.

While everything seemed better, you had avoided the much needed conversation concerning Tom's life moving forward. Most particularly, his ties with his job. It had been tucked deep into the back of your mind, thinking about it for small moments here and there. Nothing was ever said on your part, mostly because you weren't sure how to bring it up without sounding like a control freak. Or like you were judging him. Tom seemed most concerned about that but would never admit it. And now it was all about to come out.

"I mean...yeah? Do you not think I should go?"

"...I dunno, Tom. It just seems weird that you would with Alex there," you replied honestly.

"Don't worry about it. This'll probably be the last time I see him and if anything, he's only threatened by me and to be frank, he should be."

His tone was as confident as always, as if he was trying to lighten the mood but it seemed like he just didn't get it. You turned to face him, brows coming together on your face.