Seven🔊

Houston, Texas
*A week later*
5:29 pm

Deja | Dee

Its been a week since me and Dria talked our issues out and everything was back to normal. We didn't bring up anything about Jay since. I ended up getting the job at target and I've been working there for 3 days now. It's been going great so far. The gang be coming up there to mess with me from time to time and customers be wilding so it's a pretty chill and entertaining job.

Me and Jay finished our project for Mrs. Brown class finally and I was surprisingly impressed that it looked good. I was mostly happy because that meant Jay didn't have a reason to talk to me. So we haven't talked since and he hasn't bothered to hmu on Instagram which I was hoping it stayed that way.

I was currently leaving from my break and walking back into target to go clock back in. I walked back to my register and continued working.

Jayden | Jay

"Ayee there go Deja" I said to myself as pulled into a parking spot at target.

Me and one of the boys from the studio pulled up to target to get some snacks cause it was the closest store to the studio.

Today finna be my lucky day.

I walked into the store to see if I could find Deja and I spotted her quick. She was at a register scanning a lady's food.

Ohh so she work hereee. Bet that up.

"Ayeee you see that girl at that register over there" I said to tommie.

"You talking bout the one in the red sweater?" He asked.

"Yea.. Ight so look this what imma do. Im finna go over to the clothes and find a shirt that I think she would like and then imma go to her register and pay for it and then Imma give the shirt to her and ask for her number." I said.

"Ight bet" tommie said agreeing.

"Where the girl clothes at" I asked.

"Over this way"

We walked over to the women's clothes trying to find Deja a shirt. I never shopped for a girl so this was all new to me. I only bought Kierra food and some perfume and lotion from bath and body works.

After what seemed like forever I found Deja a shirt. It was a blue shirt with a pocket on the left side with a rose on it.

I headed over to the food to get the snacks we came here for. Then went to her register to check out. She spotted me and instantly gave me a mug.

Mean ahh

"How you doing" I asked as she scanned the shirt with a confused look.

"Good" she said dryly. "43.78 is your total"

I paid and tommie grabbed the bags with the food in it and went to the car, leaving the bag with the shirt.

"That shirt is for you beautiful" I said.

She instantly blushed.

"You lying" she said.

"I'm fr" I said smirking.

"I can't accept this" she said. "But why you buy this for me?"

"Cuz I wanted to show you that I really wanna create something with you and I figured that I could show you better than I can tell you" I stated.

"Aww that's sweet. Thank you" she said.

I couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic or not.

"No problem shorty. Can I get your number tho?"

"Ummmm.. yea" she hesitated and quickly wrote a number on a piece of paper.

She handed it to me, I thanked her and left seeing someone else come behind me wanting to check out. Hopefully she gave me her actual number.

"Plan successful" I told tommie as I got back to my car.

I impatiently put her number in my phone and texted her. I knew that she wouldn't respond right away because she was at work so I decided to give her a nice warm welcome hoping that she sees it went she gets off and responds. I really wanted this girl. I see something different in her.

We pulled off and headed back to the studio.

7:09 pm
Deja | Dee

I clocked out and walked out of the store, got in my car and checked my notifications that I had gotten while I was working.

I seen a text from an unfamiliar number.

Unknown

Hey beautiful it's Jay. I really hope you respond and give me a chance. I know we only hung out once and we have a class together but ever since I seen you at the park, I've been desiring to get to know you..

Aww it's the effort for me.

I put his number in my phone and responded back.

Jay

Hey thanks again for the shirt but I'm not really into relationships unless somebody can show me different.

I'm willing to show you different.

What I told Jay was the honest truth. Every relationship I've been in was horrible and they treated me badly so I didn't want to get in another relationship. I was scared to let someone get that side of me again. I would love to talk to Jay but I don't know his true intentions. Especially by what I've seen him do with Dria and Kierra. My first impressions of him were that he was untrustworthy. But the fact that he's putting all his effort in to get me, makes me feel good about him. But on the other hand, what if he gets me and then I end up not being what he thought I was.

On my way home so many thoughts were running though my head about Jay.

A part of me wants to give him a chance but the other part of me is scared to.

I got home, showered and went to bed, trying to sleep on my decision with Jay.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
*ignore any mistakes*

Heyyy y'all 💞

Thinking about writing another book or two or three idkkkk 🙃

But make sure y'all vote, comment, and share

Byeeee