Nine🌀

Houston, Texas
Monday 11:29 am

Deja | Dee

"Wassup dee Ian heard from you all weekend" Khalil asked at the table.

I decided it was time to tell the gang what was really going on between me and Jay because I didn't want things to be awkward and I didn't want them to think I turned my back on them because of another dude.

"So guysssssss" I dragged. "I have some news"

"What news?" Jamar asked.

"Sooo me and Jay have been talking for some days now" I finally spoke.

"Who Jay? Ole dude from yo first class?" Benji asked.

"Yea"

"So you liked him this whole time" Dria asked.

"Nooo I really didn't like him in the beginning when you was talking to him. I really didn't but he kinda forced me to give him a chance."

"What you mean" Khalil asked sounding concerned.

"Y'all this dude found out where I work. He came to target one day and he bought this shirt and then ended up giving me the shirt and said he bought it for me and then asked for my number" I explained.

The look on Khalil's face changed. As if his whole world just seemed to crash down before his eyes. It was a look that I never seen from him.

"Well I'm happy for you" Jamar said. "But don't get to comfortable cuz you not grown and just know I'll bust somebody up about you"

"Okayyy Jamar" I said laughing.

"Watch yo back too" Benji added. "Cuz he might be hanging around the wrong people but I gotchu if he don't act right"

"Y'all acting like some real fathers out here. Y'all gone be great dads" I said to Benji and Jamar.

"You know sis we gotchu and I'm happy for you too" Makayla spoke.

"That's wassup tho" Dria asked. "I guess he really didn't like me"

Duhhh it took you long enough to figure that out.

"But yeaa we not official yet we just taking it slow and vibing"

"That's coo" Jamar said.

"What y'all tryna do for spring break tho" Benji asked. "It's next week"

"Ooouu im tryna get a hotel downtown" Dria exclaimed.

"Bet let's do it" Benji said. "Everybody can help with can help with the cost"

"I'm down" I said. "Imma just take off work"

"Me too" Makayla chimed in.

•••
3:45 pm

"Hello" I answered the phone for Jay as I walked into my house.

"Wassup"

"Nun bout to get ready for work" I said.

I had to work everyday this week because I was going to be off the whole week next week. Luckily I only have 4 and 5 hour shifts the rest of the week.