[1st sin] The Task

We're all sinners in life

Flashing light temporarily blinded officer Jeon Jungkook as he analyzed the scene in front of him. Pity couldn't help but wash over him once he noticed the dead woman in the crashed Tesla model x. From what little information was given to him it was discovered that the woman was a famous singer who went by the stage name IU. Her used to be white upholstery was now filled with crimson stains and white powder.

"Apparently she was a druggy and just purchased a new dose." Hoseok spoke as he looked at the singer's dead body that laid on the dashboard. Dried blood was seen just above her upper lip as a sign of a potential overdose.

"She's the tenth body found this week with narcotics involved." Jungkook commented hinting at a bigger picture of how society was heading straight toward the gutter at a rapid rate.

"She was a beauty too. To think that even celebrities are doing drugs makes you wonder what's in those packets." Rookie Johnny added as he shook his head.

Hoseok couldn't hold in his scoff, "Death is in them, buddy." He quipped before turning to Jungkook. "I'm heading back to the station with the reports." Hoseok announced patting Jungkook's shoulder and descending toward his car.

Jungkook nodded and looked at Johnny, "Finish up with the forensics team and head back." He ordered making Johnny slump his shoulders at the task.

"Understood sir." Johnny replied just as Jungkook walked away.

He placed a cigarette in between his lips lighting it as he situated himself in his black mustang. Jungkook reminisced about the past as he drove back to the station. The pungent taste of smoke burned his throat.

Jungkook pressed the screen on his car's dashboard once he heard his phone ringing, "Hello." He answered placing the cigarette between his index and middle finger.

"Jeon where are you the chief wants to speak with you." A male's voice echoed in his car. Jungkook's eyes trailed to the screen for a split second checking the time.

"Tell him I'll be there in five minutes Joon." He responded before hanging up and speeding away.

The street lights barely illuminated the vacant parking lot. Heels clacked on the damp cement causing the two men to fix themselves up for their client. The silhouette of a woman came into view as the sound of her heels became prominent.

One of the males grinned from ear to ear as the woman approached them with a small briefcase by her side. "Miss Kang it's great to see you this fine evening."

Seulgi removed her black sunglasses revealing her alluring sharp eyes. "I could say the same to you, Mr. Seong." She voiced proceeding to cross her arms covering her toned stomach that was revealed by her lace cropped shirt.