[2nd Sin] The City

Jungkook looked up from the document, "But sir-"

The chief cut Jungkook off, "Officer Jeon please understand the predicament we've been put in. If I give this case to any other officer the chances of success will dwindle to none." He explained.

Jungkook took a sharp breath in still skeptical of the request. "I understand sir. But who will I be taking into custody?" He asked the tips of his fingers gently brushed over the file that laid on his lap.

"She's on the first page." The chief responded causing Jungkook to look back at the file. "Lalisa Manoban. From the small intel we were given she's one of the head gang leaders in Sin City."

Jungkook's eyes trailed on the girl's mugshot. She had a dead gaze with bruises covering the corners of her lips and cheeks. "She's just a kid." He blurted.

"Oh no she's about your age. That was when she was seventeen. Unfortunately, there aren't pics of her recent appearance so finding her will be a little tricky." The chief replied crossing his arms.

Jungkook closed the file, his brows creasing ever so slightly. "When do I leave?"

The chief snapped his fingers, "Right!" He suddenly shouted making Jungkook jump in his seat slightly. Shuffling through a different drawer he took out another file and an ID card. "Here these are for you. Show them to the border patrol and they will let you in and out. As for when you'll be leaving tomorrow morning."

Jungkook blinked as he took the items from the chief's grasp. "Tomorrow?" He repeated in disbelief.

The chief nodded with a simple smile, "The sooner the better right." He commented.

"Right." Jungkook stood up from his seat. "I'll get going then sir. Have a good night." He said before exiting the office and heading to his assigned area.

"Fuck." Jungkook mumbled as he gently slammed his head on his wooden table.

A small humming was heard on the rooftop of a building. Cans of monster energy drinks were scattered behind the petite frame of the woman. Her light purple hair blew in the wind as she continued to sketch the scenery in front of her. She dangled her legs on the edge of the building continuing to hum a soft tune.

The sound of the metal door creaked in the wind catching the woman's ears. Slowly she smiled still keeping her eyes trailed on her sketchbook. She heard footsteps nearing her location and a small huff as the man she loved sat next to her.

"What you drawing?" His raspy voice sent tingles down the woman's spine.

"Just a little something to get my mind together." She answered setting her pencil down, turning her head she smiled. "How was the deal?"

The man tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear, "It went well just as always." He said staring at her.

The woman laughed, "That's not always true." She responded remembering the times he would end up shooting the dealer who wasn't agreeing with his terms. She noticed that her boyfriend hadn't spoken for a couple of seconds causing her to become flustered. "Is there something on my face?" She asked becoming self-conscious of her appearance.