𝟒𝟑

a/n: Charlotte's outfit is the same as the last two chapters!

go get a tissue box, fair warning!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄━═☆

"It's been two days...two whole days," Charlotte repeated over, pacing around in the living room, "Paulina didn't come back, and neither did Klaus...what could have happened?"

"I don't know and I don't care," Katherine rolled her eyes, downing a glass of bourbon.

The Bernard raised her eyebrows, suggesting, "Maybe the ritual didn't work? It's possible, right?"

"If it were, knowing Klaus' impulsiveness, Mystic Falls would be raining blood by now," The doppelganger shrugged her shoulders.

Charlotte shook her head disapprovingly, "That's not helping,"

"I never said I was helping you."

"But...," She shook her head, holding back a sigh. She turned to look at the door, finding Stefan walking in, ever so casually, "Stefan, what happened? Shouldn't Klaus be dead by now?"

"Yes, he should," Katherine got up, emphasizing as she looked at Stefan, "I'm supposed to be free of Klaus' compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead!"

"We ran into...complications."

She raised her eyebrows, "Complications?"

"Doesn't really matter," Stefan shook his head, brushing it off, "I just need to find him. Do you have any idea where he might be?"

"What about Elena? Is she okay?"

He didn't get to respond as Katherine pushed him against the wall and motioned for him to be quiet. Klaus, Paulina, and Elijah walked through the door as she greeted, "Oh, you're back. Look who decided to come for a visit."

Klaus looked at Stefan, rolling his eyes, "You just keep popping up, don't you?"

Charlotte sucked in a deep breath before walking up to Klaus, "You compelled me to stay in here until the ritual is over and it is. I need to leave."

"Oh, you will. We all will, tonight," He assured, shrugging his shoulders, "This town is boring as it is."

"I need to go home, get a change of clothes. Shower, normal people things," Charlotte folded her arms together, stating.