𝟓𝟏

a/n: Cher's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄━═☆

Charlotte sucked in a deep breath, typing away on her laptop, "And...sent!"

The brunette took a sip from her lemonade right after sending an email to her English teacher with her last assignment. He had told her last year that if she continued with that effort then she could do extremely well as an English major. Honestly, Charlotte wasn't interested in that but she didn't want to fall back as well.

"If anything could be as easy as writing essays," She sighed, picking up her doughnut off the plate. The only thing that had been on her mind for the past few days was Serena Bernard and how she may have lost her forever.

Sure, she could have explained what happened again and list out all of her apologies but she knew Serena...and what happened between them wasn't something any normal person would forgive, let alone Serena, herself.

Charlotte just didn't want to pressure her with that. She had every right not to forgive her. Hell, even Charlotte couldn't forgive herself.

Her train of thoughts was cut off when she saw Serena walking up to the Mystic Grill's doors. Was she back at work? Charlotte silently wondered before shaking her head at herself. It's none of my business.

The vampire called over someone to pay the check before closing her laptop screen and pulling out her bag from the ground. She wanted to be out of there as soon as possible now that Serena had arrived.

The waiter came over, leaving her the paycheck, he went to walk away before she shook her head, "No, wait! I will pay now. I am...I am in a hurry—" She cursed under her breath when her hand knocked over her lemonade, the glass shattering on the floor, "Damn it."

Charlotte pulled a couple of tissues, bending down to clean it up before a voice called, "You really don't want to do that, you could hurt yourself," She looked up and Serena folded her arms together, stating, "On second thought, maybe you want to do that."

"Serena...I am sorry. I am leaving," Charlotte rose to her feet, placing the glass shards she collected back on the table. She pulled out the bill from her back pocket and quickly pulled her bag off the table.

"Wait...so now you get to run when I am in a place? Like you are the one with the right to?"

God, I really didn't want it to look like that.