𝟑𝟖

a/n: Lottie's ( new nickname, wink face ) outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ━═☆

Charlotte skipped school and chose to dedicate the whole day to Cassie and Serena, it was, after all, Cassie's eighth birthday. She turned off her phone before turning to her littlest niece, "All free, what are we doing today?"

"Anything...?" Cassie shrugged her shoulders, giggling.

"Anything?" Charlotte raised an eyebrow, smiling inwardly.

"Everything!"

The brunette vampire's grin mirrored Cassie's as she rose to her feet, lifting the girl in her arms, "Well, then we will do everything! We will get ice cream, we will go to the movies, play at the park, have milkshakes at the Grill, and we will do everything you wish to do because you are the birthday girl," She poked her nose, finishing.

Cassie giggled once again, wrapping her arms around Charlotte's neck. Her eyes were lighting up with excitement as she turned to her older sister, "Are you coming, too? Please say yes."

"I wish I could, Cass," Serena pursed her lips in a straight line, rubbing the back of her neck, "I tried to cancel my shifts today but Matt bailed at the Lockwood's and I have to go and—"

Noticing how upset Cassie was getting, Charlotte chose to cut in, "It's fine," She paused, stating, "Cassie and I will do the classics, not very fun-ish things. Until you are free to join us."

"Alright, Cassie?"

"Will you let me sleepover at CJ's today? It's my birthday."

"Nice try," She petted her head, still holding her in her arms as she walked to the door, "But not going to happen, ever. If CJ wants to sleepover then it's at our house."

Cassie huffed out, "But—"

"Uh uh, no, nope. Not going happen, sweetheart."

✵ ✵ ✵

Charlotte held Cassie up so she could take a full look at all of the flavors at the ice cream shop, "I want this...this one, too. And that one, yes, over there—"