𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

━━━━༻❁༺━━━━

━━━━༻❁༺━━━━

HAPPINESS for everyone is pretty much subjective. However, Charlotte liked to think that if anyone was in her place at that moment. With their childhood best friends in a car, driving mindlessly to nowhere, they would be at that their happiest. While all she could do was fake a smile.

Things were finally going to be okay. Her life was finally looking up. She thought that all that drama was over and she would be happy and then Stefan went and did that, again. She couldn't tell what hurt more, his betrayal or how she stupidly trusted him all over again. It was probably both.

Charlotte wished she could say something along the lines of "If I saw that idiot's face, I would punch him", "His loss", or maybe "I was too good for that asshole anyway". That would have been the anger stage. Charlotte didn't stay long in that stage. She broke a few things, yes. She wanted to rearrange his stupid pretty face, yes. She imagined cutting off his hero hair, double yes.

She was currently in the depression stage and it was so hard to not curl up in a ball and cry with Angie and Lina, she would never hear the end of it.

"Here's what I am thinking...somewhere with a beach, cold drinks, the sun, and hot guys—"

Angelina interjected, "Or girls."

Lina rephrased, "Hot people."

Charlotte shrugged her shoulders, "Anywhere would be fine."

The Forbes and the Gilbert vampires exchanged a look before the older of the two spoke up, "Charlotte, you need to pull out of this. We are not doing this again."

She ran her hands over her face, turning to the window, "For the last time, I am fine. I am not depressed, I am not miserable. I just want to have a good summer."

Lina nodded to herself, tightening her hold on the stirring wheel, "If that's what you want and you don't want to talk about anything...then that's what we will do."

The petite brunette folded her arms together, "I am not talking about anything because there is literally nothing to talk about," Charlotte squeezed her eyes shut, revealing, "He said we don't work, he was using me to get over her, and when we became a thing for like two seconds, he realized how I could never measure up to her."

Charlotte sat up and let her window down when a speeding car passed by them. She spotted three boys in there and raised an eyebrow, addressing the raven-haired one in the driver seat, "Race ya to the hill?"

"Think you could make it?"

"We have a competitive driver. My money's on her."

✵ ✵ ✵

see you all in the sequel, aeipathy! it's posted!