Chapter 5 - First Date

So far my second day of school was going surprisingly well, the glares from the girls had stopped but unfortunately the winks and comments from the boys had not, nothing I couldn’t deal with though. I hadn’t seen Jess yet this morning but she text me to let me know when she’d be at school.

After maths I made my way out to the back of school where Jess had told me to meet her. I lit a cigarette while I walked towards the oak tree, I could see her stood there with her back against the tree and a cigarette in her mouth.

A smile appeared on her face as I got closer.

“Where have you been?” I asked.

“Taking care of business” She said as she sat on the grass, gesturing for me to do the same.

“Anyway, what happened last night then?” She asked, smirking at me.

 “I met Kian’s girlfriend” I tell her, which isn’t a lie but not what she wants to know.

“And? What are you not telling me Mia” She asked with a smirk.

“Urm Jc kind of asked me on a date” I mumbled, hoping she wouldn’t hear me.

“Ooh little miss Mia going on a date, I thought it was Kian you liked though” She replied.

“Shut up” I said, rolling my eyes.

“And I never said I liked anyone Jess” I added.

Just on cue the bell rang to signal the end of lunch. We put out our cigarettes and made our way back into the school building.

-

I made my way out of the school doors at the end of the day. The afternoon had gone extremely slow, I couldn’t be more thankful for it to be over. I noticed Brad’s car parked at the front of school but he wasn’t the only one in it.

As I got closer I started to make out who it was. I stopped in my tracks as I realised who it was.

Kian.

I took a deep breath and climbed into the car. At least that bitch of a girlfriend he had wasn’t with them. Brad turned as I closed the door and smiled at me, Kian did the same.

“How was school sis?” Brad asked, starting the car and heading off.

“It was alright I suppose” I replied with minimal enthusiasm.

“You’ve been smoking again haven’t you?” He asked.

“Yep” I replied.

“You need to stop” He said, in a serious tone.

“I know” I said, rolling my eyes at him.

We passed the turn for the road that took us home, I looked towards Brad confused and back to look out the window so I could figure out where we were going.

“Andreas house is that one with the tree” Kian pointed out to Brad.

We pulled up outside the house and I sighed as she appeared out of the door, making her way towards us. I rolled my eyes when she took the seat next to me, this was going to be hell.

She leant over to kiss Kian before sitting back in her seat and turning to me, shooting me a glare.

We made our way back to the house and I couldn’t get out of the car quick enough.

As I entered the house I saw my mum stood cooking, it was a nice change to coming in and seeing her working. Instead of having to stand there and have all of the usual questions from her, I just walked straight past and up the stairs.