Chapter 9 - Strange feelings

Kian noticed my presence and lifted is head to look up at me and i instantly saw the sadness in his red, puffy eyes. His tear stained cheeks and his frown caused my heart to drop, I didn't expect this at all.

I took a seat next to him on the bench and turned to face him but he didnt look back at me, he carried on sitting forward staring off into the distance.

We sat in silence for the next couple of minutes while he seemed to be trying to calm himself down with deep breaths.

Finally his head turned towards me and he looked straight into my eyes.

"I uh i-i didn't know who else to go to, the boys wouldn't understand" He said quietly.

"Hey, don't worry I don't mind" I said, adding a smile at the end of my sentence.

I reached my hand out to grab his in an attempt to comfort him. He took a deep breath and looked a little lost for words, I didn't expect him to explain but I also didn't want him to feel like he couldn't tell me things.

"You don't have to tell me what happened if you don't want to" I added.

"N-no i urm it's Andrea" He said slowly and unsurely.

I slowly nodded, encouraging him to carry on what he was saying.

"She er she urm ch-cheated on me" His voice broke towards the end and a tear rolled down his face, causing him to look away like he was ashamed of his emotions.

"I'm sorry" Was all i could say, I didn't know what to do or say. I didn't have experience with these things and if i'm honest i'm not very good with emotions or crying either.

I felt so so sorry for him. How could she does this to him?! He was so genuine and nice, like wow even i thought this and I don't like many people. And even though he did kiss me he really didn't deserve this at all.

Kian stayed silent and carried on looking into the distance.

"What a bitch" I gasped as the words left my mouth, I didn't mean to actually say them.

"I'm sorry i didn't mean to say that" I added, in an attempt to cover the statement.

"I agree" He mumbled.

"She's a complete bitch and I don't know how I stayed with her for this long knowing that she is" He said, turning to look at me again.

I looked at  him confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked, for clarification.

"She used me. She pretended she loved me but she was just with me for the attention and this entire time I had suspicions of the cheating but I just looked past it because I was madly in love with her."

"So how did you find out tonight?" I asked, feeling more sorry for him after every sentence.

"I caught her" He mumbled.

I didn't reply to him this time as I let all of the information process in my brain. Instead I just rubbed my thumb along the back of his hand which I was still holding, he rested his head on my shoulder and we sat there peacefully staring out into the distance.

After god knows how long of sitting in silence I heard footsteps coming towards us and someone shout something at us. I looked around to see a girl walking, well probably close to running towards us.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" They shouted.

"Looks like you were the one being unfaithful!" 

As then came further into sight I realized who it was.

Andrea.

I jumped up as she carried on coming closer, releasing my hand from his and causing him to look up in her direction.

"Who do you think you are? He's mine not yours" She said as she charged towards me, stopping only inches away.

Her eyes were glaring into mine and I so desperately wanted to scream back at her like I usually would at anyone in this situation. I wanted to tell her how much of a shitty person she was and how he didn't deserve this but the words just wouldn't leave my mouth. So instead I just stood there like a pathetic little girl, helpless and lost for words.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw her raise her hand and within seconds I felt a sharp pain shoot through me cheek. I instantly raised mine to punch her, just missing her cheek and catching her jaw. Before anyone could take another punch Kian grabbed me and pulled me away from her before standing in between us to try to stop the fight from worsening.

"NO stop" He yelled, aiming it more towards Andrea than me.

"Leave Now!" He demanded as he turned towards her and pointed towards the park entrance.

She tilted her head with a confused look on her face.

"What? Why? I'm your girlfriend here, not her. You should be defending me and telling her to leave" She said, the annoyance was clear in her voice.

"No you're not, not anymore. We're over" He said strongly.

She huffed before quickly turning on her heels and storming out of the park and back towards wherever she came from.

I had no idea how she found us or knew we were here but I'm glad she did because, despite what happened when I collapsed, she'd been asking for that punch since the day we met.

Kian turned towards me putting one hand on my shoulder and one of my face, carefully tracing his thumb over my cheek where a bruise was obviously forming. His eyes looked into mine, trying to find some kind of emotion or sign in them to let him know how I was feeling but there wasn't any. I was a closed person and I didn't see that changing any time soon.

"I'm sorry" He said gently as a soft smile appeared on his face.

He moved the hand from my cheek up to my hair, moving the strands out of my face.

His face edged down and closer to mine and I knew straight away what was going to happen.

All of the butterflies that i'd just managed to get rid of from the last time appeared again in my stomach. I don't think I'm ready to feel all of those emotions again but before I could stop it his lips crashed onto mine.

The kiss was more passionate than last time but it was still soft and sweet at the same time. The feeling was still strange to me but I liked it and as the kiss went on I started to like it more and more and more.

His arms moved to my waist pulling me closer and causing my arms to wrap around his neck, pulling his neck further down, deepening the kiss as our lips moved in perfect sync.

Everything that had just happened seemed to disappear from my mind, I couldn't feel the pain in my cheek anymore.

This wasn't something I was used to and I had no idea what was happening or what we were right now but I didn't care, because in this moment it felt like we were the only two people in the world and I know it sounds extremely cheesy but for some reason this boy made me feel that way.

I really never wanted this kiss or this foreign feeling to ever end.