Chapter 1 - Moving Day

I walked out of the doors of Westbrook high school for the very last time. Not because I'm leaving high school forever but because I'm moving to L.A. I couldn't be happier that I was finally leaving this hell hole of a school but I was definitely not happy about moving to a state all the way across the other side of the country.

I decided to take the long way home since going home would mean packing and packing means actually leaving. I hated the thought of starting over again, having to make new friends, get a new reputation. I'd built my life up here in Tennessee and I was finally starting to like it.

My parents were opening up a new branch for whatever place they worked for out in L.A. I don't exactly take much notice of what they actually do but I do know they work a lot and earn a lot.

I walked through the door of my childhood home to see yet more boxes piling up.

"I'm home!" I shouted hoping that somebody else was also home.

"Upstairs honey!" I heard my mum shout.

I took off my shoes and ran up to my parents room where I found my mum packing clothes into boxes.

"Dad's gone to pick up the kids with Brad. We need everything completely packed by tomorrow, just leave a suitcase of things out for the day we're travelling over there" She told me.

I nodded and left her to pack. My room was also full of boxes but mine were all empty. I'd been putting it off for the past couple of weeks hoping my parents would change their minds but obviously they didn't. I looked around my room and decided that this was actually happening so I needed to pack, I was moving to L.A and I needed to just deal with it.

I managed to reluctantly fill two boxes before I heard someone come through the door, I suspected it to be my dad and my siblings. I knew I was right when Felicity, my little sister, came bounding into my room and jumping onto me. She was the one who kept me on track, whenever I do anything I do it for her.

"Miaaa" She squealed as I started to tickle her.

"How was school?" I asked.

"It was fun, we had a leaving party and everything" She exclaimed.

"Wow sounds good, want to help me pack?" I smiled at her.

She nodded before picking up some clothes and putting them in a box. She's really mature for a 9 year old, probably because of how much time she spends with me. I just hope she doesn't end up exactly like me, I'm not really the best role model.

After an hour of messing about and packing, all of the boxes I had were full and my room was practically empty. I looked around and began to feel emotional, something I never feel. I shook myself and left the room before I started to cry or whatever you do when you're sad.

I put on my converse that I'd left out and picked up my bag, making sure a pack of cigs were still in there. I smoke but not a lot, just when I'm stressed. I know it's bad for you, I've had all the lectures and blah blah blah but nothing can stop me smoking apart from me and everyone knows that so they just leave me to it now.

"I'm going out" I shout as I make my way towards the front door.

"Okay, dinner will be ready in an hour so be back" My mum shouted back.

I got out my phone and texted Alex to meet me.

I got to the park and saw he was already stood there waiting. I lit a cigarette and walked over to him.

"What's up babe?" He asked, taking a puff of the cig that he had.

"I'm leaving tomorrow" I said bluntly turning to look at him. He didn't look back he just looked forward.