Chapter 3 - Coincidence?

"Mia if we don't leave now you're going to be late!" I heard Brad shout from downstairs, he was so impatient but I was in no mood for rushing today.

To my disappointment today was unfortunately my first day at my new school. I made sure to take my time getting ready this morning hoping my mum would change her mind and let me stay home but no, she's still making me go and I couldn't be anymore pissed off.

I picked up my bag and sauntered downstairs to find an impatient Brad stood waiting for me. He shook his head as he noticed me making my way towards him. I rolled my eyes with a smirk on my face and followed him out to his car. My parents were working this morning and needed to take George and Felicity to school so I either had to walk, take the bus or convince Brad to drive me there and of course he couldn't say no to me.

I took out my phone and checked it expecting no texts, but that's when I realised I'd never replied to Kian last night.

Mia: Good morning, I survived the fall no broken bones;)x

I smiled to myself before putting away my phone and looking out the window.

"Who are you texting?" Brad asked, I looked round to see a smirk on his face.

"No one" I replied, trying keeping a straight face.

"Don't bullshit me, who was it?" Brad replied, he knew me too well so there were never any secrets.

"Just this boy I met when I walked home yesterday, he's called Kian I think" I told him, I knew there was no point trying to lie anymore.

"Ooh okay, we're here anyway" He said, pulling up outside my new school.

I sighed and got out of the car before saying goodbye and making my way into hell or as some like to call it school. I wasn't quite sure what to expect for today but I just hoped it went smoothly and I could get through the day without any problems.

I did everything that you do when you start a new school and made it to my first lesson, it was just like any other boring, shitty high school, nothing new or different from my old school. Apart from here I didn't have a reputation and I had no idea who anyone was.

I made my way into History and took a seat at the back, hoping to avert the attention from myself. The rest of the class made their way in and took their seats but much to my disappointment many people did notice me, mainly just giving me dirty looks, which wasn't anything new to me.

Everyone settled down and the teacher entered.

"So class from now until next term you will be working on a project, I shall pair you all up and also we have a new student here, Mia, please make her feel welcome" The teacher announced.

I mentally cursed her out as everyone turned to look at me and I rolled my eyes looking straight forward, trying not to focus on any of them. I did not want to deal with new people.

The teacher announced the pairs and I ended up with someone called Jessica. I stayed sat in my seat and looked around waiting for her to find me since I didn't have a single clue who she was and to be honest I didn't really care to find out. I just hoped she was smart and would do the majority of the work.

"Hey I'm Jessica" I heard someone say from the seat next to me.

I turned to look to see who the girl was that I was working with. She looked quite similar to me.

"Hey I'm Mia" I replied, giving her a half smile which she returned.

"I know, so this project is a load of shit but we need to complete it if we want to pass" She said with about as much as enthusiasm as me, which was none.

"Want to come to mine tonight to work on it?" I asked, I might as well at least try to make some friends I suppose and well pass this lesson. You don't want to know what my mum would do if I failed something.

"Sure, meet me at the front of school then" She replied.

The rest of the day went extremely slow and extremely shit, I spent most of the time craving a cig so the end of school couldn't have come faster. I just hoped Jessica wouldn't judge me for it, not that I cared what anyone thought though.

Jessica finally arrived and we set off towards my house, I didn't completely know the way but I'd figure it out like usual. I pulled out a pack of cigs and my lighter, lighting one and placing it between my lips. Just one puff gave me so much relief after this day.

I shouldn't have really been surprised when Jessica pulled out her own pack and light one herself, she turned to look at me and smiled as we both carried on happily walking with a cigarette each.

She was definitely more like me than I thought, maybe being friends would work out for us. Well my version of friends. She filled me in on the ins and outs of the school, the people to avoid and the best places to smoke mainly, which I was more than thankful for.

"I'm home!" I shouted as we entered the house.

"How was school honey? And who's this?" My mum asked, looking up from her laptop. She works way too much.

"Shit and Jessica" I replied bluntly.

"Language and it's nice to meet you. Mia, honey, please get changed, we don't want George and Felicity smelling the smoke on you" She said, Jessica smiled before following me up to my room. My mum never corrected me on my swearing unless we had company but I didn't mind, I found it quite funny really.

We made our way into my room and I collapsed onto my bed and sighed. My first day at school was finally over.

We just started doing our project when Brad came in and interrupted.

"Hey I'm off next door to Jc's wanna come?" He asked.

"Oh I didn't realise he lived next door, but nah we've got homework to do" I replied.

"Okayy, there's a party there on Friday there if you want to come to that too" He said,

"Sure" I replied with a smile, I needed something good to cheer me up at the end of this week and it'd be nice to see them again since I didn't really get to talk to them much yesterday.

He left us in peace and disappeared off to the boys house.

"Soo do you want to come to the party?" I asked Jessica, hoping she'd agree.

"Of course, does he mean Jc as in Jc caylen the youtuber?!" She asked, rather excitedly.

"Urm who?" I replied, I had no idea who that was.

"Oh my god as if you don't know who he is, he's so hot and so is kian. Wait they live next door?! I thought I recognized the house!" She practically screamed with excitement.

I just laughed at her fangirling, I really didn't expect that from her but it was funny seeing her like that.

Wait.

Did she just say kian?

No she couldn't have meant the boy I met, he'd never give me his number if he was famous.

I shrugged off my thoughts and checked my phone which had beeped during Jessica's freak out.

Kian: Me and my friends Jc, Dom and Brad are hosting a party at ours this Friday, I hope you can come:)x

I just stared at my phone in utter shock as the pieces fitted together.

*Authors Note*

I'm so sorry for taking so long to update. I just want to make sure my chapters are good and that i'm 100% happy with them before I post them with this fanfic.

I hope you're all enjoying it so far, don't forget to vote and comment! Let me know what you think.

Thankyou for reading x