Chapter 8- Lazy day

I packed up all of the belongings that I had accumulated in my hospital room before following Brad down to the reception where we signed the paperwork allowing me to go home.

I was so relieved to be going home despite only being here one night. Hospital beds just aren't comfortable and I can't say it's a nice environment to spend time in either.

The journey home was silent but there wasn't an ounce of awkwardness there, just peace and time to think.

Many thoughts were racing around my head as usual, about school and my friends but every now and again one appeared about Kian and what happened last night. Every time it appeared I pushed it to the back of my mind but it still managed to wiggle it's way back into my main thoughts occasionally, distracting me.

I hadn't even realised that we'd arrived home until Brad opened my door to help me out of the car. I had eaten yesterday but I still felt very weak since I hadn't fully recovered yet.

I slowly made my way into the house and up the stairs before climbing into my bed where I planned on staying for the next couple of days. As much as I hated being lazy and stuck in the house, I needed this time to relax otherwise I had no chance of getting better any time soon.

*Saturday Morning*
My eyes fluttered open at the sound of a little knock at my bedroom door. I rolled over to see Felicity stood in the doorway holiday a tray full of breakfast food and a little pot with a flower in it.

Ever since I came home from the hospital she has been the cutest little sister trying to help me get better. She doesn't exactly know what happened since she's too young to understand right now but she just knows that I was sick so her first instinct was to wait on me hand and foot and to do her best to make me smile everyday.

She made her way over to my bed with a smile on her face before placing the tray on my lap and crawling in to the bed, snuggling up to me.

"Good morning sissy, I thought this might make you feel better" She said, pointing to the food.

"Aw thankyou very much Fliss, you're the bestest sister ever" I replied, giving her a hug.

She looked up at me with a big smile on my face before stealing some of my food.
We ended up sharing the majority of my breakfast but I didn't mind since I still didn't have a very big appetite and she did bring a lot of food, which made me think that maybe she had the intention of sharing it. Who knows.

The rest of the day was spent cuddling and watching films, which was exactly the same thing that I'd been doing the past couple of days but it was nice to spend time with her.

It got to 8pm and we were finally on our last movie in our movie list that we'd made but halfway through I heard a little snore escape from Felicity laid beside me. So with all the strength I had, I climbed out of my bed and picked her up to take her to her own. Just before I reached her door my mum appeared and took the little sleeping girl from my arms as she could she my struggle.

I made my way back into my room, collapsing onto my bed and sighing. Despite not moving out of bed all day I was still extremely tired so I decided to get an early night.

Just as i was drifting of to sleep I heard my phone beep multiple times. I rolled over to see Kians name above all of the messages, I rolled my eyes and opened them.

Kian: Meet me outside yours in 5?
Kian: It's really important
Kian: Wait are you asleep?
Kian: Sorry

Mia: I was asleep but why?

Kian: I just needed to get out of the house before anything else happened and I could do with someone to talk to.

Mia: Okay, give me a minute.

I locked my phone before throwing on a hoody and tying my hair up into a messy bun.

It was only 9pm so I didn't need to sneak out but I did need a cover story for where I was going.

"Where are you going?" I heard Brad ask from behind me.

"Just to meet Jess" I replied, unsure of how genuine I sounded.

"Okay, don't be out too late" Brad said sarcastically causing me to roll my eyes.

"Oh and I'm just going over to the boys house if you need anything, they're having a little party" He added.

I just smiled and nodded because I was too lazy to reply before walking out the front door.

I looked around unable to see Kian so I decided to text him.

Mia: Where are you?

Kian: Come to the park? I'll explain when you're here.

I still hadn't figured out where everything was in this town yet and the fact that it was dark really didn't help.

I started to walk towards the end of the street as I began to remember seeing it on our way to school one day.

After about 5 minutes of walking I arrived at a small field with some swings and a slide at one end and a lake at the other, there were benches around the outside of the field too.

I spotted kian sat on one of the benches near the lake with his down in his hands, so I made my way over to him slowly, unsure what mood/state I was going to find him in.