Chapter Five; I'm proud of you

( Chapter Five )
I'm proud of you 

For a while Josh and Sam camped outside of Dean's room, too afraid of what might happen if they left

For a while Josh and Sam camped outside of Dean's room, too afraid of what might happen if they left. Josh's breath stopped every time the heart monitor didn't beep. They needed to do something to help Dean, and it looked like they didn't have much time left to figure out how to.

           "Come on," Sam said, placing a hand on Josh's shoulder.

            For a moment he didn't feel it, the warmth on his shoulder. He almost forgot Sam had been there with him too. He nodded and then made their way back to John's room despite wanting to stay with Dean.

           "Is he okay?" John asked as soon as they walked in.

            Sam nodded, "His heart stopped beating for a couple minutes but they got him back" he said, "But Dad I felt something"

            John pushed himself off the doorframe where he had been standing so he could be in the conversation, "What do you mean you felt something?" he questioned. He hadn't felt anything except terror in that room, so what had Sam felt?

           Sam huffed and Josh moved to sit in one of the chairs to start picking at his jeans again.

           "I mean, it felt like-like Dean. Like he was there, just out of eyeshot or something. I don't know if it's my psychic thing or what but do you think it's even possible? You think his spirit could be around?"

           "Anything's possible" John replied.

           "Well there's one way to find out" Sam decided, turning to leave.

            "Where are you going?" John asked.

             Sam turned to look back from the doorway, "I gotta pick something up. I'll be back. Josh stay here"

             What am I a dog? Josh thought, bitting his tongue to stop him from saying anything.

             "Wait, Sam. I promise, I won't hunt this demon. Not until we know Dean's okay" John swore.

             Sam nodded having nothing else to say and then left the room.

            Josh hadn't even noticed he was the only one in the room until John had started talking to him. He knew what John was going to say and he didn't want to hear it.

             "Josh-"

              "Stop, you don't have to say anything. We'll just wait until Sam comes back and we know how to get Dean back" Josh cut off.

              John looked at the floor and did a nodded, knowing there was no point in trying to get him to listen right now.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇