Chapter Three; Suspension

( Chapter Three )
Suspension

Josh had never felt more like a brat than he did in this very moment

He didn't hate his brothers, he regretted saying those words as soon as they left his mouth. But he's tired of being left out and feeling unwanted. It's like they don't want him to come because they see him differently and he can't help but know that it's because they don't share the same mother. He's known ever since he was seven and John was never home. When Dean told Sam what Mary was like, the mother he had missed out on. Josh didn't know who Mary was, didn't care to know her, to him she was just a random woman.

And every time Sam or Dean stop by he wonders if maybe this time they can go back on the road. Just like the old times before that night. God if he wasn't so stupid to go downstairs that night, he knew better and he went anyway and it's never been the same since.

Josh pulled on his hair while laying with his knees at his chest, arms gripped around his legs like a latch. The Impala was already out of the driveway, he'd watched as they drove away. His throat felt like drywall every time he swallowed his saliva. His own room felt claustrophobic and all he wanted was to call Dean and tell him and Sam he hadn't meant what he said. That he takes it all back and to be careful on this hunt.

"Josh, you awake in there?"

Bobby.

Josh released his hands from his hair slowly and rubbed his sweaty palms against the thick bed sheet. "Yeah, I'm up" he replied.

 A pause. "Can I come in?"

What choice did Josh really have? either he talked to Bobby now or had to talk to him later. Sooner was better then later. "Yeah"

The door opened and Bobby came in, smile sideways, one side up further on the right and then he saw the hole in the wall. "What did the wall do to you?" he asked rhetorically.

"I'll fix it, I promise I'll fix it" Josh rushed out.

Bobby nodded, knowing Josh would live up to his promise. "Listen, son," he started, standing awkwardly at the end of the bed. "I know it sucks seeing your brothers come and go as they please. And I know I'm not the funnest old guy to be around-"

"Bobby no, this has nothing to do with you. It's just. . ." Josh looked back at the bedsheet finding it far more interesting right now. "I know they don't see me as their brother. And before you try and convince me they do just don't waste your time, they don't see me as a Winchester and they never have. I guess I've just been seeing it more clearly lately" he admitted.

"You and I both know that ain't true" Bobby argued with a pensive look.

Josh tilted his head and swallowed down some saliva, "I think I'm gonna try and go to bed now. Got school tomorrow" he reminded.