Chapter One; Devils Trap

( Chapter One )
Devils Trap

      "Get your ass down here boy, your brothers are gonna be here soon" Bobby yelled from the bottom of the creaky old steps at the Singer house

Joshua Winchester wasn't sure what to think about seeing his brothers again. It had been probably two years since he had really seen them in person and he didn't know what he was more worried about. Seeing them or them seeing him.

"I'm coming holy shit" Josh yelled back, muttering the last part.

"Don't think I didn't hear that" Bobby said as Josh made it down the last step.

To be fair, everyone was on edge. John was kidnapped by some demon who wanted a gun called the colt and although nobody had said it to his face, Josh wasn't dumb and he knew his father might already be dead. Demons didn't tend to keep humans around as pets, much less a Winchester.

It wouldn't surprise him in the least. The way he threw his life around seeking revenge for the death of his wife. Josh never met the woman, hell, he had no connection to her what so ever. But she must have been important if John spent his whole life to avenge her.

Josh made it to the front door as the Impala pulled into the lot. A small smile finding it's way onto his face as he thought about how long it had been since he had seen the beauty of a car.

Bobby opened the door and in walked Sam and Dean and in the nicest way possible, they looked like shit. Circles under their eyes and their faces drained of any and all colour. Josh wasn't sure what had happened so far, but he was sure it was just the beginning.

"Josh, Bobby, hey" Sam said as they walked into the entrance. There was something different in his smile though, it didn't seem as genuine.

"Hey kid, how's it been going?" Dean asked.

Josh bit the side of his cheek and shrugged, "Same old same old. Hear you've been hunting together again?" he asked, wanting the conversation off of him.

Last time he heard Sam quit hunting to go to some law school, which Josh understood. He knew he would never be able to get into any school that required an above 2.0 GPA and higher. Not because he was dumb though, but because he didn't care enough to try. But he was happy Sam made it into a somewhat normal life and it sucked to see him get roped back into their shitty lifestyle again.

Sam shoved his hands into his jean pockets as they walked into what was the living room of Bobby's house. "Yeah, uh, just until we get the thing that got Mom" he assured, mostly to himself.

Dean raised a brow, "Yeah, Sammy just can't wait to get back to law school with that big brain of his" he said, sharing a look with Bobby that Josh was unaware of.