Romeo and Juliet

The couple sat together, once again, in the guild hall, at the bar, surrounded by utter chaos and loudness.

Levy was, as usual, reading a book, Gajeel sitting next to her and eating his breakfast.

Mirajane watched them with glimmering eyes from behind the bar.

"So do you two have any plans for today?" she asked, smiling.

"Well Levy is intent on finishing her book today," Gajeel spoke, "so I'll probably go on a quick job."

"Is there anything you're saving up for?" Mirajane inquired.

"Yeah, rent," Gajeel answered bluntly.

"I see." she giggled, returning to her work of serving breakfast to several hungry guild members.

As she swept by the counter to give Macao his food, she knocked down a magazine, a catalogue.

Levy, who still had her nose on a book, didn't notice, but Gajeel picked it up and frowned.

It was a catalogue for wedding rings.

He tossed it back over the counter. He glared angrily at the white haired barmaid, who simply replied with an innocent smile.

"You know," Mira said, sweeping back behind the counter, "I was just looking at the request board and I think I found the perfect job for you." she pushed a job request paper in front of Gajeel.

"Hmm," he mused, glancing over the page, "not a bad pay, and it's just beating up some moron."

"That's right." Mira winked, "you should be back on no time."

"Okay, then I'll take it."

"Sounds great, I doubt Levy will even notice you're gone," Mirajane said, causing Levy to peer up from her book.

"Are you going on a mission?" she asked.

"Yeah, but I'll be back in no time," Gajeel replied.

"Okay, I guess maybe I'll see you later." the girl shrugged her shoulders and returned her gaze back to her book.

"See you later little bookworm," Gajeel said, kissing the top of her head.

"Good bye, my love." she replied, giggling.

....................

Gajeel had come home from his mission just after sunset, but he didn't go to see Levy just then.

He walked in the Magnolia town square, stopping at a certain shop and swinging open the door.

He walked around inside, grazing his eyes over all of the glass cases.

A woman came from the back of the shop, taking notice of the interesting customer.

"Sir," she spoke timidly, "is there anything I can help you with?"

"Umm," Gajeel looked up, meeting the gaze of the woman who peered at him through a pair of spectacles, which were perched on her long nose.

"I'm just looking around right now but I'll let you know if I do," he continued to step around the collection of glittering diamond rings.

He stopped as his eyes rested on a particular one, it's unique design catching his notice.

The silver band was a twisted sort of tail, with a texture of overlapping scales, resembling that of a lizard or snake skin, or more accurately, a dragon.

A big glittering rhombus shaped diamond sparkled in the center, a small round ruby resting on each side of the diamond.

He pointed down at it, "Can I see this one?"

"Oh yes." the woman said, removing it from it's case with slender fingers. "yes, I am quite fond of this one myself, it's very unique."

She held it out to him and he leaned in to examine it more closely.

"Are you getting it for someone special?" she asked.

"Yes, someone very special, someone I'm thinking of marrying." Gajeel spoke confidently, "how much is it?"

"Oh," the woman said, "you certainly don't like to waste any time, are you sure this is the one you want?"

"I'm sure."

"Well then, for this piece, It's 40,000 jewel."

Gajeel handed her the bag of jewels he collected from the mission.

"There you go."

She looked at the tattoo on his arm as he extended it to give her the bag.

"Oh, so you're a Fairy Tail Mage, huh." she inquired, taking the bag, "congratulations on winning the Grand Magic Games."

She offered him a genuine smile.

"Thank you, so when can I take the ring home?" He asked.

"Well, I actually have a few in the back, you can take it home today," the woman said, "should I ask about what ring size?"

"Well uhh....you might want to make it kind of small."

....,..,,....,,,,

Gajeel made his way to Fairy Hills after putting some things back at his house.

He picked up a small pebble on the path before he made it up to the girls' house.

He threw the little rock at a window on the side of the house, then picked up another one and got ready to throw again.

The window opened and a blue headed Mage popped out before he could throw it.

"What are you doing?" the girl asked, placing her small, nimble hands on the sill.

"I haven't talked to you like all day," Gajeel answered simply, shrugging his shoulders, "I wanted to say hello and let you know I got back."

"It couldn't have waited until tomorrow?"

"Dear Juliet, you must know that love can never wait."

"Juliet, huh? Well come on then Romeo," Levy giggled, "come on up."

He did as she instructed and mounted onto the brick wall, climbing up carefully and hopping though her window.

He landed right next to her, and looked around the room.

Of course, the whole place was books. Shelves upon shelves of books.

"Wow Juliet, this is a lot of books," he noted, running his fingers along the spines.

"Well us Capulets enjoy reading," Levy laughed, turning on a lamp.

"If this is Romeo and Juliet, shouldn't you be wearing a really tight corset?"
Gajeel remarked, smirking.

"Shouldn't you be wearing really tight leggings?" She quirked a brow teasingly.

"You got me there."

She laughed, "You know boys aren't allowed in the house."

"Well I don't think Titania will notice, as long as she's asleep," Gajeel grinned, "she is asleep, right?"

"Yeah, it's just you and me." she stepped a little closer, he could feel her breath on his chest. "but you really should be leaving."

"Don't worry, I just wanted a kiss goodnight."

"Well then a kiss you shall get." she said. Then leaned into him with her small hands on his chest.

Their lips found each other and locked up together. They could have stayed like that for the rest of eternity, but Levy broke off him after several moments.

"Goodnight." she spoke.

"Well don't sound so eager," Gajeel chuckled, "but goodnight shortie."

He hopped out the window and she watched as he descended and too away running down the path.