24. Waking Up In Your Bed

Quote of the chapter:

Saturday, December 5th

I groaned and pushed my head deeper into the pillow.

My head pounded aggressively and I felt a great urge to throw up.

I shouldn't have drank so much last night.

My hands went to my head and I rubbed my temples.

What happened? The last thing I remembered was dancing with Will. And maybe a cab or something else.

I looked down at the comforter that was wrapped around me and didn't recognize it as my own.

I slowly pulled myself up by my elbows and looked around the room.

The room had a single bed and desk in the corner.

The walls were covered in random art and a dresser sat in the opposite corner with a small pile of books on the floor next to it.

The room was about as large as Casey and mine, except it was a single.

Where was I?

I couldn't remember what happened last night.

I felt myself begin to panic as I thought back to that night years ago. I woke up hungover and confused the same way I was now.

I pulled the blanket off of my body and looked down at my clothes.

I wasn't wearing the white tie top or my skirt. Instead, I wore a white hoodie and black sweatpants.

I tried to get up but the room began to spin. Sitting back down, I gripped the sheets of the bed trying not the throw-up. I looked down at the carpet and tried to think of anything else to calm my stomach.

What was going on? Whose room was this?

I felt a slight panic in my chest. My head was pounding so hard right now.

The door opened and Will walked in holding a tray of food.

He stood there shirtless with grey sweatpants on. I couldn't keep myself from staring at his bare chest.

I felt my heartbeat quicken at the sight of him. I blinked and looked away.

Oh God, what did I do?

He took one look at my face and placed the tray down on the desk across from the bed.

He came over quickly and sat down beside me. His curly hair was slightly messy and I bit the inside of my lip, scared of what he was about to tell me.

"You okay?" He asked peering at my face. He looked concerned and placed a hand on my shoulder.

I was both relieved that it was his room and not somebody else's. But I was hesitant to know how I got here.