𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

...CIVIL WAR...

~ chapter three ~

~ chapter three ~

"hey, cap!" sam called out from his spot in the abandoned building. steve jogged over to the duo, spotting bucky waking up and switching his destination.

"steve," bucky groaned.

"which bucky am i talking to?"

"your mom's name was sarah. you used to wear newspapers in your shoes," he chuckled.

"can't read that in a museum."

"just like that, we're supposed to be cool?"

"what did i do?"

"enough."

"w-was that me?" bucky stuttered, his gaze lingering on luna's shirt, which was still covered in blood.

"uh, no. it was just me being clumsy."

"sure," sam rolled his eyes, still waiting for her actual answer as to what happened.

"i knew this would happen," bucky said after a moment of silence. "everything hydra put inside me is still there. all he had to do was say the goddamn words."

"who was he?" steve questioned.

"i don't know."

"people are dead. the bombing, the setup, the doctor did all that just to get ten minutes with you. i need you to do better than 'i don't know.'"

"he wanted to know about siberia. where i was kept. he wanted to know exactly where."

"why would he need to know that?" cap pushed forward.

"because i'm not the only winter soldier," he proceeded to talk about them.

"who were they?"

"their most elite death squad. more kills than anyone in hydra history. and that was before the serum."

"they all turn out like you?" sam joined in.

"worse."

"the doctor, could he control them?"

"enough."

"said he wanted to see an empire fall."

"with these guys, he could do it. they speak thirty languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize. they can take a whole country down in one night, you'd never see them coming."