𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

...ENDGAME...

~ chapter seventeen ~

"i don't know how you're going to get it through all of that."

"don't worry," wanda and luna said in unison, landing beside captain marvel. since luna was holding onto natasha, the latter dropped to the ground, doing a somersault, while luna just floated for a few moments before her feet touched the ground.

"she's got help."

soon, all the girl avengers gathered together, and ran towards the mob of aliens making their way over to them, assassinating as many as they could.

following carol through the battlefield, luna halted with a couple others to blast thanos out of the way, allowing the former air force pilot to zoom past him.

only angering him even more, he lunged his weapon at the van just as captain marvel arrived, creating an explosion that sent everyone flying, including the gauntlet,

thor, steve and tony all tried their best to get the gauntlet from thanos' hold, but sadly, they failed, which resulted in carol giving it a shot.

after throwing her several feet away, thanos put on the gauntlet, moving a spear into luna's stomach when she tried to zap him with her powers.

another set of visions rushed through her head as she pulled out the metal, inflicting more pain. reluctantly, she stood up and flew away when captain marvel stopped thanos from snapping, and made her way over to the rock doctor strange was standing on, controlling the water.

she took off her ear piece, signaling for him to do it too.

"you're here because you got glimpses of the future? aren't you?"

"is tony gonna die?" the goddess carefully asked, and received a slow nod in response. "why can't i just heal him? i'll just be by his side when it happens-"

"-you and i both know you won't be able to heal him. the stones are too powerful. just, go back, and be there when it happens."

their conversation was interrupted when thanos used the power stone to defeat carol, causing iron man to slowly look over at the sorcerer.

in that moment, doctor stranger held up a finger, signifying one thing to tony.

it was his time.

the only way the avengers could win.

the only future they triumphed over the mad titan.

sharing a quick nod with doctor strange, luna flew back to nat's side, who was watching everything going on clint.

absorbing all the power of the gauntlet once more, thanos groaned, and fought against iron man again when the billionaire jumped forward, tightening his grip on the gauntlet.

having no worries, thanos hit tony multiple times before tossing him aside.

"i am inevitable."

"no," all the avengers around luna murmured when thanos snapped, but their confusion grew when nothing happened.

he turned over the gauntlet, revealing that the stones were gone.