𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙻𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

...ENDGAME...

~ chapter eleven ~

"okay, who here hasn't been to space?"

luna and natasha looked at each other and slowly raised their hands, steve and rhodey following.

"why?" cap asked, causing carol to chuckle.

"you better not throw up on my ship."

"approaching jump in three, two, one!"

"can i say it?"

"just this once."

"that was fucking awesome! can we do it again?" luna exclaimed, the others smiling at her reaction.

"oh, god no," nat groaned as she shifted in her seat.

"i'll head down for recon," carol spoke, flying down onto the planet.

"this is gonna work, steve," the blonde said while they were waiting for carol, catching the soldier staring at a picture of peggy.

"i know it will. 'cause i don't know what i'm gonna do if it doesn't."

"i second that," luna sighed, jumping next to them and taking off wanda's jacket, tossing it back onto her seat.

"no satellites, no ships, no armies. no ground defenses of any kind. it's just him."

"and thats enough."

"oh, no," rocket mumbled after flipping the gauntlet over, switching his gaze from a groaning thanos to steve, natasha, and luna.

"where are they?"

"answer the question," carol ordered, her hold on his neck tightening.

"the universe required correction. after that, the stones served no purpose beyond temptation."

"you murdered trillions!" bruce shouted, pushing thanos across the hut.

"you should be grateful."

"where are the stones?"

"gone," thanos replied, and it took both natasha and steve to hold luna back. "reduced to atoms."

"you used them two days ago!"

"i used the stones to destroy the stones. it nearly killed me," he informed, and was suddenly ambushed by the demigod, who burnt the left side of his face and part of his shoulder.

"luna," black widow spoke calmly, sending a caring look in her direction.

"the work is done, it always will be. i am inevitable."

"we have to tear this place apart. he has to be lying!"

"my father is many things. a liar is not one of them," nebula muttered.

"ah, thank you, daughter. perhaps i treated you too harshly."

before he could get another word out, thor grunted and swung his hammer, decapitating the titan.