𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

...ENDGAME...

~ chapter fifteen ~

"why won't she wake up?" clint muttered, harshly shaking luna's shoulders.

"clint," natasha whispered, slowly lifting her hands from out of the water and revealing the glowing soul stone.

"i'm not leaving until she's awake."

"we have to go. red skull just said he was making her human, she's alive-"

"you don't know that. i can't have another kid die because of me."

"pietro's death wasn't your fault," nat sighed, finally realizing why he was so worked up, other than the fact that luna was like his daughter. "it was his choice to sacrifice himself, just like it was luna's, but she's still with us. her heart is still beating. let's go back home, and ask bruce to help us, alright?"

"pietro's death was my fault. if-"

"-no. no if's. like i said, they both chose this path, and they did it for a reason. pietro went through a lot growing up, just like luna, but that didn't stop them from being amazing people. luna's story isn't over yet."

"she still doesn't know what happened in budapest."

"exactly. there's still so much she needs to learn, from the both of us. we live in a cruel world, we have to make the best of it, and we will—-back home. come on."

the archer reluctantly agreed, and stood up, accidentally splashing water around in the process. he gave the woman a helping hand before picking luna up bridal style and allowing nat to fix their bracelets to the corresponding time.

"did we get 'em all?" bruce questioned once everyone's helmet disappeared.

"are you telling me this actually worked?"

they were interrupted when clint dropped to his knees, placing luna on the cold floor.

"what happened to her?" steve rushed to their side.

"let's get her-"

"holy shit!" luna loudly gasped for air, her hands instantly searching for nat's.

"hey, kid."

"will someone explain?" rhodey carefully spoke up.

"she sacrificed her powers so that neither of us had to die," clint choked out.

"what do you mean?" steve inquired.

"he means i'm human now. no more human flashlight, unless tony feels like creating something for me."

"in your dreams," the billionaire rolled his eyes.

𓄿

"alright, the glove's ready," rocket informed. "question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?"

"i'll do it," thor volunteered.

"excuse me?"

"it's okay."