chapter five

Cassiopeia had had enough of both of them and went off in search of Professor McGonagall. She was going to asked to be resorted. She couldn't stand the thought of being in gryffindor anymore. She eventually found her in the transfigurations classroom.

"Professor, I'm terribly sorry but I was wondering if there is any way I could be resorted. Gryffindor is lovely and all, but I truthfully believe that I might belong in another house better. You see I asked the hat to be sorted into Gryffindor and I'm starting to regret it."

"You don't have to explain yourself to me Mrs. Potter. People get resorted quite often actually." The sorting hat was conveniently sitting on one of the many shelves in the classroom. It began to speak as it was placed atop her head.

"Ah you again! Hm I see you've changed quite a bit Potter. I see a desire to prove yourself. Ambition ah yes, I know the house just for you. I think you'll be pleased to know.. SLYTHERIN!"

She mentally cheered. This would make her life much easier. She gave her thanks to Professor McGonagall and quickly made her way back to the Great Hall. She sat down beside Regulus. "Darling, you know you can't sit here, you're a gryff-"

"Why are you wearing slytherin robes?"

"I got resorted Reg!" She grinned from ear to ear.

"Really?" She nodded.

"I think this calls for a celebration!" He wrapped an arm around her and kissed her cheek. Cassiopeia Potter had never felt more happy in her entire life.
<><><><><><>
Later that afternoon that made a trip to Hogsmeade in celebration of Cassie finally becoming a slytherin. "Have you ever had butter beer?" Regulus asked her as they walked the cobbled path. She shook her head.

"I know just the place." He led her down path after path until they arrived at a place called the three broomsticks. They stepped inside and Regulus told her to pick a table to sit at while he got the butter beer.

She scanned the room and her eyes landed on a familiar face. It was Sirius. He was snogging a raven claw girl in the corner of the room. She felt sick to her stomach. Cassie made sure to sit at a table where he couldn't see her and she couldn't see him.

Regulus returned to the table with two glasses of frothy liquid. "Here you go my darling." She took a sip and nearly moaned. It was the best thing she had ever tasted. "Do you like it?"

"I love it!" He smiled at the perfect girl in front of him.

"Perhaps we can go to honeydukes after we finish up here?"

"That sounds perfect Reg!" She wished she could spend these firsts with her brother, but sadly now that he was siding with Sirius she saw that there was no point in trying. She looked across the room again where Sirius was still with the raven claw girl and Regulus noticed. He turned his head as well and when he saw what was happening his eyes widened.

"Let's get out here! We have plenty of things to do before dark after all!" He grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the pub, but not before sending a glare to his brother.

He was angry at him for breaking Cassie's heart, but then again he was kind of thankful for bringing them together as well.