Prologue

On the night of March 27th, 1960, twins were born to Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. The eldest they named James Fleamont Potter and the youngest they named Cassiopeia Nora Potter. After hours of holding the babies and cooing at them they were placed in a cot so their parents could get some sleep.

During the night however when a nurse came to check on the babies, Cassiopeia waos gone and there was blood left in her place. The nurse let out a terrified scream which must have woken at least half of the hospital including the Potters. "Nurse, what it is?" Euphemia asked looking concerned.

"M-madam, Cassiopeia is gone and t-there is blood left in her place," The nurse stuttered very scared that she would get fired or that something horrible had happened to the baby. Euphemia and Fleamont Potter were overwhelmed with sadness. She continued to cry into his chest as the aurors were checking the crime scene.

No incriminating evidence was found and the only thing the aurors had to offer the sorrowful family was their best wishes that they would see their daughter again. At that moment Euphemia swore that Cassiopeia would be kept a secret from the wizarding world. Nobody's pity would bring back her darling babygirl.

But one day fifteen years later there was a knock at the door. When Euphemia went to go check who it was there was a girl who looked exactly like her Babyboy James. "I-is this the Potter household?" The girl asked looking scared to even be talking to someone who may be her biological mother. Euphemia nodded," Yes dear, I am Euphemia Potter."

"I t-think I might be your daughter, my name is Cassiopeia." Euphemia almost fainted as she nearly squished the girl in her tight grip. "Fleamont!" She yelled loudly and her husband hurried down the stairs and saw his wife and the young girl in her arms. "It's Cassiopeia!" She sobbed and there on the front porch of the Potter household the family hugged.

"Please come in darling, tell us all about what happened." There in the kitchen as Euphemia fixed her lunch it was revealed where she had been for the past fifteen years. Cassiopeia explained that after the day she was taken she was brought to France to live with a man and woman named Chrissy and David. Somehow she had ended up on their doorstep. Unlike Cassiopeia they were muggles and were quick to hate her when she showed signs of being a witch.

It started when she was nine and when her parents were making her do chores and she caused the window to shattered. Now Cassiopeia was normally a shy girl, but she could have a very bad temper. Her parents were mad and locked her in her room for days hoping that if she suffered enough she would be "normal."

But she couldn't help the sudden bursts of magic that she got. The next incident was when her mother had taken the remote from her and changed the channel. Cassiopeia had been watching her favorite show and it was right at the good part. She managed to make the remote float all the way from her mother's hand to hers. Even she was surprised she could do such things.

But that was when her parents decided that they would try to beat the magic out of her. That didn't work either. The only results were the scars littered all over her frail body. Eventually had the age of eleven she received a letter from Beauxbatons telling her that she was a witch and that she would be able to attend that school if she sent in her letter at the right time. She sent the letter back with the same owl who brought it and planned to sneak out.

On the letter it had stated the place where she could get her supplies and how to get there. So she set off on foot and after a few hours she had finally found the place. She went to the first adult she could find and told them of her situation. The woman who's name had been Madam Davis brought her to the headmistress right away.

The headmistress felt bad for Cassiopeia and took her under and wing and there in the castle she had lived for four years. But one day something strange had happened. The groundskeeper from a school called Hogwarts had come to talk with Madame Maxime. Cassiopeia who had been in her office at the time took interest in the man. While examining him he caught a glimpse of her.

She could practically see the wheels in his head moving as he looked at her. He then asked if he could talk to Madam Maxine privately. She didn't know what the conversation was about until Madam Maxine told her that she needed to go to Hogwarts with the guy who's name was Hagrid. She told her that she would see her again and that everything would be explained eventually.

Charlotte gathered all her belongings and gave Madam a long hug before she was off. They traveled by train to Hogwarts and from their Hagrid brought her to the Potter household. Hagrid did not explain everything in detail, but he told her that the woman that lived there might be her mother. Of course she had been confused because she already had a mother, but it all fell into place when the woman hugged her.

Her "mother" had never been that  affectionate and that was when she realized that their relationship had lacked motherly love and that there was indeed a chance that Euphemia Potter was her mother. When Cassiopeia was finally done telling the story Fleamont and Euphemia were shocked. Their poor baby had been through so much, but atleast she was home now. But someone who was even more shocked was James Potter.

He stood by the doorway with his mouth wide open. "I have a sister?" James asked his parents and his eyes filled with tears. Now James Potter hardly ever cried, but he was overwhelmed to finally have the connection he had with his twin sister restored. Their parents got Cassiopeia settled in the guest room and then they explained everything to James.

He marched right up the stairs to the guest bedroom and hugged his sister tight. "Oh Cassie, I've missed you. I always had a feeling I was missing someone, but I couldn't figure out who. I guess it was the twin link." But Cassie did not reply she just hugged her back tightly. They ended up falling asleep their together hugging.

The next morning their parents were delighted to find out that they were getting along so well. The family had been so distracted by Cassie that they nearly forgot that James and Cassie's fifth year was started soon and they would be needing supplies.

That is where the story of Cassiopeia Potter starts. Surrounded by her actual parents and twin brother and getting ready to start her fifth year of wizarding school, but this time it would be at Hogwarts and not Beauxbatons. She would soon find out that the two were a lot different than she ever imagined.