Chapter one

Cassie thought Diagon Alley was simply wonderful. When they arrived she saw children and their parents in cloaks of all colors. The family passed mulitcolored shops on their way to their first stop which was Gringotts. They left the children in the main building as they followed one of the goblins to go retrieve money from their vault.

Cassie had never seen such strange creatures. "James what are those?" Cassie asked curiously. "Goblins." She had heard them mentioned a few times during one of her classes, but never had she seen them so upclose before. Before she could continue her investigation their parents were back.

Their next stop was to get Cassie fitted for robes. James already had some from his previous year. The lady who worked there was very nice, but asked Cassie's parents a lot of questions. They tried to be as vague as possible because they did not want everyone to know yet.

When Madam Malkin was finally done they left the store and went to Flourish and Blotts. "Alright Children here are the lists of books you need and you may also pick two additional books. I know James won't, but if you wish you may dear."

Cassie walked around with the list in her hands picking out every book she need for her fifth year. Then she began to look at the books that weren't school related. She ended up picking a magical creatures book and a romance novel.

The last place they needed to go was Olivander's to get Cassie's wand. When they entered Mr. Olivander adjusted his glasses. "Ah you must be Cassiopeia Potter, I've been expecting you." Cassie was confused on how he knew her, but the Potter's didn't look fazed so she let it slide.

After measuring her wand arm and asking plenty of questions he handed her an eleven inch, unicorn hair core wand made of aspen wood. "Go on give it a try!" Cassie gave it a swish and the end of the wand glowed and she felt her whole body tingle.

Now of course Cassiopeia had a wand during her years at Beaxbatons, but nothing could beat the wands that Mr. Olivander sold. The Potter's paid for the wand and started their journey back home. But this time Cassie wasn't distracted by the scenery and noticed all the people whispering. She attempted to hide behind James, but they were everywhere.

James noticed and took her hand in his. "Don't pay attention to them Cassie, it's alright." Thankfully they finally entered the shop where they would floo back home. They all stepped into the fireplace and shouted, "Potter Manor."

"There are a few days before the two of you will be heading off to Hogwarts. So James I expect you to make Cassiopeia feel welcome." James nodded and grabbed Cassie's hand again and lead her upstairs.

Over the course of a few days the two Potter twins really bonded. James jokingly made fun of Cassie's accent and Cassie would stick her tongue out at him. They would then burst into giggles.

James also taught Cassie how to play gob stones and how to ride a broom although she wasn't very good. Cassie was really enjoying her time with her actual family, but was sad that she wouldn't see her mother and father again until Christmas holidays. But atleast she'd have James.

On the last day before the twins headed off to Hogwarts James explained the four houses to her. "There are four houses. The first is gryffindor, normally where students with courage are placed. The second is Slytherin, normally where students with ambition are placed. Third is Ravenclaw, normally where students with knowledge are placed. Last but not least is Hufflepuff, normally where students who pride themselves on Loyalty are placed."

"Oh James, which house do you think I will be placed." James thought about it for a second. "Hufflepuff or Gryffindor." James thought Cassie was very brave after enduring so much abuse and still being able to hold conversations with people and letting them touch her. But he also thought she was very sweet and loyal.

"Do you have everything packed?" Euphemia asked the twins and they both nodded. Cassie was scared about her first day at Hogwarts. What if people didn't like her? Or what if she was placed in a house without her brother?

After about an hour of worrying and thinking about all the what if's that could happen it was time for bed. But tonight Cassie slept by herself in the spare bedroom to give herself to think. James would protect her right? Her muggle "parents weren't going to try to talk her back right?

Cassiopeia feel asleep dreaming of a school she knew hardly anything about. But in the dream she seemed like an expert and she was surrounded by friends. Oh how she hoped her dream would come true. She'd never really had a friend before even at Beauxbatons.

The next morning Cassie and James ate breakfast and lugged their trunks in front of the fireplace. Before we leave, Cassie we wanted to give you a gift. "A gift? Really?" Euphemia reached behind her back and pulled out a tiny kitten. "For me?" Euphemia nodded and held the kitten out to Cassie.

She took the kitten and hugged her parents tight. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" It truely was a lovely moment, but they were going to be late if they hugged any longer. They stepped into the fireplace and Fleamont threw the floo powder at the ground and yelled, " King's Cross."

When they arrived the twins hugged their parents goodbye and started their trek to platform nine and three quarters. Cassie noticed how many muggles were around and the odd looks they were getting. "James? Where are we?"

"Be patient you'll see." They continued to walk until they were standing between platform nine and ten. "Didn't mum say platform 9 and 3 quarters?" Cassie asked not seeing such a platform.

"Actually we are here, you just need to run at the wall between platform nine and three quarters!" Cassie looked at him like he was a psychopath. "If that's so true, then you first!" To Cassie's amazement James was not lying and he went right through the wall.

She followed quickly after not wanting to lose him. On the other side of the wall stood a scarlet train spewing steam. The station was flooded with witches, wizards, and pets of all kind. Cats could be seen winding around the legs of their owners and the owls were all hooting to eachother.

All the noises leaded to Cassie hardly being able to hear James, so James just grabbed her hand and lead her to a compartment. But they didn't get there without Cassie noticing many girls giving her glares. It was her first day and people already hated her.

Eventually James found the compartment where his friends were sitting and walked in still holding Cassie's hand. Cassie noticeable stiffened as she saw the boys, but put away her trunk nonetheless. "Oi, prongs who's the girl? She's mighty pretty."

"Well padfoot, that girl would be my sister actually." Padfoot looked almost betrayed along with Remus and Peter. "You never told us you had a sister!" That was when James had to explain the whole story of how he didn't really know either. "What's your name gorgeous?"

Cassie hide even further behind James. "Jamsie can't be find a compartment without people?" She asked in a whisper. "Cassie these are my bestfriends, they aren't going to hurt you, I promise."

"You promise?" She asked and he nodded. James formally introduced his sister to his friends. "Cassie this is Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew." She managed to smile at them, but quickly went back to trying to hide from them. "What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

Sirius was siriusly making Cassie uncomfortable. A boy had never spoken to her like that. "I'm so sorry Cassie, just ignore Sirius he doesn't know how to shut up." Remus said and smiled at her. She giggled as Remus hit Sirius on the head with a book. "Oi moony stop that hurts!"

This ride was going to be interesting.