Prologue

Xiao Zhan's POV

I sneezed while adjusting my somewhat too-big glasses, my eyes got slightly blurred of the sleepless night that I got through with only my laptop, some notes and coffee aside, and I yawned tiredly.

*Ring ring*

Rolling my eyes I glanced at my phone, thinking it was probably my sister Xiao Hua again only to discover it was my agent, and I quickly cleared my throat, ruffling a hand through my messy uncleaned hair, as if he would e able to see me, and I picked up.

"Xiao Zhan, where have you been, you told us that you would submit the script by yesterday evening!" I quietly sighed while holding my phone, looking around for my scribbled note while nodding before realizing he couldn't see me.

"I'm sorry Zhoucheng, I had some issues with the stories and headac-"

"That's because of your overdoses of caffeine every single day Xiao Zhan, but mister Wang is waiting, and I don't think you should let a businessman wait, except if you're searching for a young death of course, but then you can't blame me though!" I once again sighed while unconsciously pouting my lips.

Zhoucheng was my best friend and my agent since the very start, he is more genuine than he sounds, I promise, but sometimes Zhoucheng is more considered sharp, but he loves me!

"I'm almost done with the manuscript, and then I'll send it!" I listened to while there were some background muffled sounds from Zhoucheng's side before Zhoucheng continued, "mister Wang had called this morning, and after a long talk we came up with the deal that you'll bring it personally when it's done," the glasses on my nose fell on my bed while I was frozen in shock.

And the realization hit, I was going to meet the Wang Yibo, the most famous actor/producer of the most hit drama's whatever he produces always ended up n number one, and it was one thing when I heard I got the chance to collaborate with him, but a whole another thing that I was going to meet him, and today!

I quickly glanced in the mirror next to my bed, seeing how bad I looked, dark bags under my eyes, messy hair that was greasy, and I looked awful-

"XIAO ZHAN!" I threw my phone towards the corner of my bed while starting to message my ear, almost deaf of Zhoucheng's mean scream, he was a meanie indeed.

After that a series of soft curses from Zhoucheng's side form Zhoucheng himself probably filled my quiet room while I got all my spread notes together, closing my laptop while placing a hand on my racing heart of the idea to meet my idol; Wang Yibo!

And while I started daydreaming the curses form the phone hadn't stopped until I guess Zhoucheng got so annoyed that he hung up, and I kept daydreaming about the idea of meeting my idol, I was sure Xiao Hua and all of my friends were gonna be jealous, after all, they had been since the moment they heard the fact that I maybe go the chance to collaborate with the Wang Yibo!

I quickly started to clean my stuff while I was printing the script, it would be my first ever work that would turn into a drama if it happens, and I adored my newest work although I kept having the sense something was lacking inside it, but I shrugged off the feeling and sent the copy of the manuscript to both Zhoucheng and mister Wang.

***

When I was about to walk out of the door, a scream came from upstairs from a voice too familiar, my sister; Xiao Hua, "Ge, you are forgetting your manuscript!" Annoyed of my own forgetfulness, I ruffled a hand through my hair before I heard something been dropped from the upper part of the house.

I ran to my manuscript that was thrown downstairs while only the shadow of Xiao Hua was visible, I ignored the part of me that wanted to mock her while glancing quickly down my watch, and cursing softly under my breath, running towards my car to speed there before Zhoucheng would call me and curse me, again.

Although the cursing part of Zhoucheng happens daily, it's not something fun to have, he would always say that he doesn't know what to say and go on mock for hours long about my overdoses coffee and forgetfulness, and a deep sigh escaped my mouth while I kept my eyes on the road, nearing the place.

***

When I finally arrived, I took a quick glance in the rearview mirror before fastly running a hand through my hair and stepping out with the manuscript in my hands, and immediately I caught mister Wang who was sitting in the café even though his hood that tried to hide himself.

And luckily for him, it was calm in the café with only some older people, maybe that was also his reason to hoose this café, so we wouldn't get disturbed, and yet a cold shiver ran down my spine.

Entering the small café the bell rung and no one turned their head towards me, not even mister Wang who was seated with his back towards me, and I slowly approached him, gulping down my fear.

"Mister Xiao you're late," I slowly sat down, averting mister Wang's killing gaze that was lingering upon the bad lucked me and making me feel like a trapped bunny under the eyes of a huge lion, and I was his prey . . .

"U-Uhm . . . I am sorry for the delay, m-mister Wang, I promise it won't happen again . . ." I stuttered while playing with my fingers, looking at the table, while the manuscript was on my lap, and I tried to steady my breath while I didn't even dare to look at him.

"Are you afraid of me mister Xiao?" His voice was sharp as a knife, and I slowly looked up, not daring to peek under the hood though and remembered what Xiao Hua said to me this morning, "never ever lie in front os Wang Yibo, or you must want to be dead meat," so I slowly nodded my head, praying the Gods I wouldn't die here, and now, I was too young and hadn't even started living yet, oh please.

"I have looked through your manuscript, and I am not planning to do anything with it if you can't see your own beginner mistakes because the story is cliché and won't attract many viewers," my breath hitched at his word while I tried to hold back the upcoming tears, and I chocked a few words out of my mouth, "why?"

"The story is cliché, I must admit the idea is nice, but please, can we move on from the reckless girl who doesn't understand love meets a boy and fall in love part, you're an author, and author whose book I really adore, that was one of my main reasons why I wanted to work with you, but this really disappointed," I nodded meekly.

"I hope you are able to improve mister Xiao, and in the meantime, I will be waiting to hear from you," I stood up, bowed and left the café while a deep hollow feeling started to settle inside my chest, it was indeed true I wrote better stories in the past.

But since a few years I lost my muse, and I couldn't write anymore, this was my first attempt after a long time, and I was sure I would keep failing, so I stepped inside my car with a heavy feeling while leaving a deep sigh.

My head was placed against my car window while I slowly closed my eyes, a nauseous feeling hitting my nose, I felt tired, extremely tired, and a rush of sleeping was coming towards me, and I yawned hugely.

When the darkness rushed over me, taking me to their world, only did I realize something was wrong, very wrong, I had never felt this feeling of intensity to sleep, and it was then that I realized I gave in to the slumber to easily, way too easily, but when I tried to fight it, I was too late, and my whole vision blacked out . . .