Chapter 3

Xiao Zhan's POV

"Yibo~ You don't need to follow me, you know?"

"And expect me to trust you?" I pouted at him and poked his side while he raised an eyebrow before I spoke up again, "Yibo I promise I won't do anything stupid, you're not really expecting me to set the building on fire right because if so you have too high expectations of me!"

A small smile crept its way towards Yibo's lip and tugged there, "you're smiling!" I jumped up like a bunny while pointing excitedly at Yibo, and immediately the smile got replaced by a frown, but I saw how the tips of his ear became slightly red too, and I couldn't hold back a grin.

"Yibo~" he didn't react, "Bo di," he ignored me, "Bo Bo," he gave me, a glance that got filled with love or at least I rather hoped it was love, and I abruptly stood up, walking away from him, but I heard how he followed yet I chose to ignore him and continue walking away while looking into some shops until I passed a small flower shop that caught my eyes.

Without a second thought, I dazed into the place while my eyes shot around, looking at all the different kinds of flowers, and I was amazed by them.

Since a young age, I had loved flowers and was amazed by them, in my free time I studied much about them, I always told myself that when I would fail as a writer, I could probably still become a florist, after all, every flower had their own meaning and beauty plus a story they carried.

I took a blood-red rose form the place and turned around to see Yibo leaning against the wall while staring at me, I passed him the rose, and he held it without asking anything, and I settled down on the ground, pointing at the Lilies in the corner of the flower shop before starting to tell the story of the lilies.

"Lilies are most commonly known for the symbolism of devotion or purity, though meaning can vary by type of lily, culture, and colour, in China, lilies are used at weddings because they are tied to 100 years of love and are also known to give good luck. But that very same flower also is the flower of death because they say that lilies symbolize that the soul of the departed has received restored innocence after death," Yibo nodded while he kept listening to my explanation.

"And what does it mean when someone gets a rose?" I pouted my lips while thinking before answering carefully, "it depends on the amount because when someone gives you fifteen roses, it means, sorry when you are given instead, for example, one it means to love on the first sight while-"

"So you fell for me at first sight?" I frowned while he chuckled softly, slowly waving with the rose he still held before I felt all my blood rushing towards my cheeks, and I pulled the rose away from him while making a bigger pout with my lips, "you're so mean," all he did was just laughing, and while he did it was as if his face lit up, he looked so much younger when smiling like that, almost carefree, so different from the man I always saw on tv.

"You know, when you smile you look better and more carefree, almost younger," he looked at me with an unreadable look, he looked deep drowned in thoughts before answering, "have we," he pointed at me and then at himself, "ever met . . . ?" I smiled softly, not answering the question.

It seemed like I did remember what happened, but he did not, yet he had at least a vague feeling which is better than nothing, but I was still trying to find out what this all was if it was a dream or reality because how did I end up here, in my own plotline, with Yibo as my opposite side.

I wanted to open my mouth to say something when the rose fell out of my hand, and a strong force started to pull at me, and I glanced at Yibo, seeing he had the same, it was as if there was an invisible thread on my waist, tugging at me, and without my own feet moving much I walked out of the flower store, back to the place I cam from, Yibo following me, his eyes glassy, and it seemed like we both were getting pulled away.

Here we stood again, in the same shop where we stood an hour ago, and I heard outside the clocktower hitting four while I became stiff, not able to move with Yibo visible in the corner of my eyes, and he was looking at me too before everything started, the humans in the started to move again, and I realized it had been already a whole hour went by.

People started to come and go again while my arms were lame and inflexible, and I asked myself how long this would continue, this 'dream', did I need to finish the whole plot until I would wake up? And what if it did not happen?

In the back of my mind, I started praying I didn't need to finish the plot because it meant I needed to make Yibo fall in love with me, and what happened after that, I shivered from the thought alone already what would happen if Yibo did fall in love with me and if I needed to continue the plot by myself.

Zhan?

I tried to glance around, someone called my name, and that voice was familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on it, but while I searched for the sound it kept silent, and in the end, I shrugged it off as my imagination, I was probably hearing things that weren't really there.

Zhan.

There was no one looking at my side, so where did that soft, smooth voice come from, or was I starting to go insane, this was not a part of my story too!

Zhan ge.

This time I was sure it wasn't hallucinating, I heard a voice, and it was Yibo's voice! I tried to widen my eye field, but Yibo did not move, neither did he look my way, so how was it possible, this was not in my manuscript at all . . .

But Yibo wouldn't call me Zhan ge-

Have you found out where my voice came from Zhan ge?

Yibo? I heard my own voice cracking inside my mind and felt like crying, how stupid didn't I sounded, talking to myself or to a voice I heard inside my mind.

Yes, Zhan ge, it seems like we're empathic . . . I choked on air, hearing that . . .

Word count: 1174 words

***

I am sorry, I know this chapter is lame, but I am having a headache, so I haven't edited it yet.