Chapter 2

Xiao Zhan's POV

Silence.

That was all that hung in the air while Yibo's dark and unreadable eyes bore into mine, he indeed reminded me of the male lead I had created, but at least mine male lead seemed to have emotions, Yibo instead, he looked like a statue of the death, and it creeped me out.

Every second that passed the atmosphere became grimmer, and I had no idea what to do, what had happened in my book, even that was blank, my whole mind was white as if someone took all the needed memories away and all that was left was the invisible thread of fear running through my veins.

I couldn't utter a word while moving stiffly.

It was at least an improvement of not moving at all, my eyes glanced around the small shop, every living human was frozen down, as if on command, and Yibo and I were the only two moving.

While the world around us was quiet, not even the sound of birds was heard, in the past, I might have longed for this sort of silence, but now all I wanted was back to my own place, waking up from this scary nightmare.

Yibo stood there, from a meter away, as if he didn't like close contact with me, just like my male lead, and I pinched myself hard, only to own a soft cry from myself again, I didn't wake up though, and it seemed like I had no other choice than just survive my own plot.

Even though it was an exciting thought, it got me down when I realized Yibo was my opponent when I first wrote my manuscript, I found my male lead cold but attractive.

And even though Yibo was both, he at least could show some humanity or feelings because I really wanted the world to swallow me alive at this moment, even the Yibo I had spoken to a few hours ago acted more human, what did I do to deserve such a punishment?

I took one step, a small one towards Yibo and he watched every one of my movements, lurking at me as if I was his prey, and shiver kept running down my spine while I gulped down my saliva of fear.

"Who are you?" His voice was as cold as steel ice, and I pouted a bit, didn't he told me I was his favourite writer in the past, then at least, he could e a bit more friendly or more show more humanity, he almost acted like a robot, no a robot even showed more emotions than Yibo did right now.

"Hehe," I smiled awkwardly in an attempt to lift the grim atmosphere, but it didn't seem to work, maybe even to worsen, so I quickly composed myself before answering his question, "I am Xiao Zhan, but call me Zhan, what about you?" I reached out my hand for his, but he totally ignored my hand when answering me, "Wang Yibo."

I pouted at his rude behaviour before grinning while tasting his name on my lips, "Wang Yibo, Yibo, bobo, bo di~" Yibo shot me a deadly glare yet all I was able to see where his ears that were starting to become red, and I held back an upcoming laugh while he once again shot me a killers look.

"Don't speak when nothing useful comes out," my eyes widened at his words while my pout cam back, I walked towards Yibo while clinging on him, "bo di, where are my words not useful, I have got a mouth to talk~" he glared at my hand that was clung onto his arm, and I slowly detached myself from him.

"You really love to hear yourself talk," not a question, it was a statement, and I grinned before replying, "of course I do~ Who doesn't?" Once again I received a glare as an answer from him, and that was when a faint scent hit my nose thrills and my eyes once again widened, it was a smell I loved, and I immediately forgot about Yibo while rushing out of the store, following the light scent.

When my eyes reached the thing from where the scent came from I started to salivating, there was a shop, selling sweet baked potatoes, one of my favourite snacks I hadn't touched in months because of Zhoucheng who said that it was unhealthy, but who cares, it was not like Zhoucheng was here right now.

So I immediately went forwards to grab one until an iron grip took hold of my wrist, making me yank backwards, right into the embrace of Wang Yibo.

Once again, I pouted while giving him a 'what?' look, "don't take what's not from you," his answer was worse than the answers my male lead gave in the beginning, which I thought was impossible, but maybe Yibo was attempting the impossible of my manuscript he called trash.

"Who cares, I just take one bite, please~" I made puppy eyes that never worked on Zhoucheng, but it was worth a try, and once again I saw how Yibo's ears became slightly red while his grip became slightly looser, making me yank away and take a sweet potato, taking a small bite and letting the warmth of it fill my stomach, it was delicious.

All Yibo did was stare at me in disbelief while I munched on the sweet potatoes while taking another one, and then I turned back to him handing Yibo one, "it's the best of the best, here taste it," without waiting for his reply I pushed the sweet potato into his mouth with a big smile while he slowly started munching with a frown.

"Delicious, right?" He didn't answer and averted my gaze while I kept happily eating while running around the market with Yibo following me, but I didn't care, it was not like I asked him to follow me, and here and there I went, there was so much to see, and while doing, so I kept munching on my sweet potato.

And after a long run around the place, I stopped at a bench sitting down, tiredly of all the walking, and Yibo slowly sat down next to me, closer than I expected him to, even though I did not expect him to sit down next to me at all.

Without thinking twice I placed my head on his shoulder and munched on the last piece of sweet potato, my hand ruffling through Yibo's hair while Yibo growled like a lion, trying to stop me, but I kept doing so happily.

"Yibo~?" He groaned as an answer while I happily placed a kiss on his nose, and after I detached I only realized what I had done, and my eyes widened in shock just like his, I quickly gulped down my saliva, calculating the percentage of my survivance . . .

Word count: 1204 words

***

Any thoughts on the story?

I honestly find it boring, idk if I should continue it at all . . .

Please tell me your thoughts :)

And I am that idiot who is in love with sweet potatoes, do you guys like it? XD