Chapter 6

Xiao Zhan's POV

A touch, feather-light, burning on my skin like fire as it crept up towards my cheek until it was caressing my face making me drown in the feeling.

The touch was soft and tender, carrying love as I breathed in and out, not able to open my eyes, so I listened to my own breath and the feeling of being cared for by someone.

I wanted to see the person, but my eyes refused until I heard a soft whimper of a voice close next to me.

My eyes shot open as I saw tiny fingers crawling through my hair; it was a little boy, standing on a chair, his eyes twinkling like stars and a smile on his lips.

He came close to my ear, whispering, "momma said you're not real, but I saw you walking when the world froze." My mind went black as the little boy pouted.

That was when the puzzle pieces clicked; this was the boy who had ca,e here twice before with his mom, "A-Yuan!" The kid turned around, and I saw a young lady approaching.

"A-Yuan, you can't keep running off." She pinched his nose as A-Yuan gave her a cheeky smile, keeping quiet as the lady looked at me, her eyes deep and unreadable.

"Let's go, A-Yuan." A-Yuan grabbed her hand, turning around to look at me before leaving with the lady; it was not the same scene I had written out.

In my story, A-Yuan's mom was a lady in her mid-twenties who had passed away and got under the care of her aunt, but that lady wasn't the character I had created.

Why was the script changing?

It didn't make sense; this would be the part in which the main lead would wake up drenched in sweat in his own apartment with a high fever, lonely again.

And he would meet the other male lead when he would go to the shop to get herbs, so why wasn't it happening?

Yibo?

I glanced from the corner of my eye to where Yibo once was positioned, but he was gone, and it kept being quiet inside my mind, not the usual bugging laughter and talking of Yibo.

YIBO!

Silence.

Yibo, please, don't tease me like this, Yibo?

Silence.

A cold shiver ran down my spine as I saw how the second crawled by, slowly until the clock hand touched the three.

The world froze in an instant as I stretched my limbs, looking around for Yibo, who was nowhere to get seen; I searched for him, walking around through the little shop.

Quickly I realized he wasn't here, and my heart sunk.

With only one of my feet passing outside the store, a loud young voice of a kid filled the silence, "ge ge!" I turned around in shock; my feet nailed to the ground as I saw A-Yuan running towards me.

"Wha-"

"I knew you were real; no one believed me when I told them I saw you walk with the other ge ge." A-Yuan pouted as my eyes widened.

"Do you know where the other ge ge is?" I heard the urge dripping from my voice as I saw A-Yuan's face twist into a frown.

"My momma owns the store, she wanted to get rid of ge ge, I begged her not to, but she said he was only a mannequin . . ." My heart missed a beat as I listened to his words.

"I shoved a small candy in ge ge's hands before he went off, my momma said he would get to a better place, but I don't know where ge ge." A-Yuan looked up at me with big doe eyes.

I crouched down next to him, "do you know where they bought ge ge to?" My voice was shaking just as much as my hands as I placed them on Yuan's shoulders, who looked at me, blinking softly.

Yuan turned around, running into the shop with his tiny steps as I followed behind him quietly.

He went behind the counter, took a paper and quickly came back, it was a map he held between his fingers.

A-Yuan placed it on the table, taking a marker out of his pocket and making an X sign on a place on the map.

Yuan's finger stopped on a stip, "this is where we are ge ge; this is probably where the other ge ge will be." Yuan pointed at the X with an earnest face as a soft smile broke out on my lips and the dread for a second disappeared.

"Why do you think the other ge ge is there?" Yuan's eyes darted to the clock on the wall; in this small moment, a quarter had at least passed as I saw.

"I once overheard momma saying it and pointing towards this place, I don't know if he's there, but you can try ge ge!" Hope was shimmering in Yuan's eyes as I patted his head.

"Thank you, Yuan." He beamed with happiness as I placed a soft kiss on his forehead, my heart aching for Yibo badly.

"Ge ge, don't be sad; the other ge ge wouldn't have wanted it, jiayou!" I didn't suppress the upcoming smile, hugging Yuan tightly as I took the map from the table.

"I will go, Yuan, to search for him, okay?" A-Yuan nodded; he was intelligent for a kid who looked like he was 7.

Yuan walked with me towards the entrance, and as I was about to leave, Yuan tugged at my sleeve, so I crouched down next to his level as he kissed me on my cheek.

"You're a special kid, Yuan." I patted his head, not bothered because of the fact he can even see me; after all, he was a character I had created, and although the whole plot got messed up right now, I would find Yibo.

Walking out of the shop, I glanced at the clock, half an hour left.

The sun cradled my skin as I turned one last time around, Yuan was staring at me, a smile on his lips as he waved at me, and I waved back before running into the outside world, searching for Yibo with the map in my pocket.

Word count: 1118 words

***

I AM BACK FROM NOWHERE!

Anygays, I am sorry for the late update, my life has been a mess, and I am having quite some problems rn, in a week my semester will end and I will have 2 months vacation, I promise to do at least a weekly update on all my book from now on, sorry!!

Don't forget to vote and comment, lemme know your thoughts!