Chapter 4

Xiao Zhan's POV

"Yibo~" I poked his cheek as he ignored me, walking down the shops with me following him, and even though my legs were longer than his, it was hard for me to keep up his quick pace.

"Bo Bo~" for a second, he froze before continuing to walk, and I pouted, sitting down on the ground with a sulking face.

Yibo turned around, raising an eyebrow, "I don't wanna walk anymore, can you carry me~" Yibo rolled his eyes as I put on my doe eyes.

"How old are you." I held up four fingers with a grin as he picked me up in bridal style, and I blushed, burying my face into his crook as I saw how his ears turned red.

"Bo-di~ I am hungry." He sighed as he continued to take me to a nearby shop where they sold hot pot, and even before he stepped into the shop, I jumped out of his embrace, running to a table where the food was cooking.

I turned around to tell him to come and sit with me as I noticed a tiny smile on his lips that immediately disappeared too.

He sat opposite me, and I quickly placed stuff into the hot pot while ranting about everything while Yibo just listened to me; he was just like I had written him in my manuscript.

"Yibo, why don't you smile more often; it makes your face bloom, and-" Before I had the chance to finish, Yibo stuffed a mushroom into my mouth, and I chewed with a pout adorning my lips.

"Yibo, are we really empathic?" No, perhaps you're just delusion things. His lips didn't move, yet I heard his voice inside my mind, and I squinted my eyes at him.

"I am not delusional," I said, crossing my arms; you're just like a mad bunny, he laughed through our invisible bond, and even though his face was stoic, damn that empathic smile was so refreshing, like a splash of water during summer.

It made something bloom inside my chest, moving something, making me feel uncomfortable and yet so familiar at the same time, a feeling I couldn't quite pinpoint.

But I shrugged it off as I stuffed more food on my plate and inside my mouth; it was delicious.

After all, I couldn't afford this food at all in reality, so now I got the chance, I better stuffed myself round, and I grinned.

Zhan, eat slower, no one is chasing you; I looked at Yibo, who watched me, his eyes softer than ever as he sipped his water; it made my heart skip a beat.

He looked like a prince who literally stepped out of a fairytale.

No wonder every girl fell head over heels for him, but this Yibo wasn't the same as the one in my reality, and I prefered this Yibo.

"Yibo~ Do you have a girlfriend?" I held my head oblique as I saw how he gulped down his water.

His eyes bored into mine as he slowly shook his head, picking up a vegetable and stuffing it into my mouth.

What about you? I also shook my head, "I haven't found my soulmate yet." And once again, I heard Yibo's chuckle inside my mind, his time a small smile did appear on his face.

Perhaps it was the lighting, but his face looked so soft and filled with care as he looked at me, almost mystical.

Suddenly Yibo slowly leaned forwards, his hands extending towards my lips, and I unconsciously moved forwards closer to him too.

For a second, I thought he was about to kiss me as I felt his soft thumb wiping something away under my lip, making me awake from the sudden daze.

"Yibo~ What kind of person do you like?" I continued eating my cheeks round while he looked at me, for the first time during this eating opening his mouth to answer.

His voice was deep and soothing, "someone innocent with a kind of dumb attitude sometimes, cute and lovely, liking to talk as I love to listen to him, loves to eat and easy to get mad but easily forgives others and a silly bunny." That sounded familiar, but I shrugged it off as I smiled at him.

"Zhan, eat slower; no one is chasing you; take your time." I nodded, slowing down my eating.

"You know Yibo normally I can't even afford this kind of food; I always eat cheap because I am a writer with no talent. People don't love my writing, but I love writing actually; a few days ago, I went to meet someone who even said my writing was cliche and trashy. But I love it too much to give up on it." I sighed while fiddling with my fingers, placing down my chopsticks, unknown Yibo avoiding my eyes.

"Perhaps that person didn't mean it that way, Zhan," he said, placing his hand on mine before continuing, "if you love what you do, just do it, there is always a place for improvement, don't mind what others say, it's your passion, okay?"

I looked up, meeting his deep gaze that held something that I couldn't explain, so I nodded, a small cheeky smiling tugging at my lips.

"I won't let anyone block my way, I love writing, and I will improve; even if no one is willing to read it, I will continue as it is the thing keeping me feeling alive." Yibo's eyes carried something like sadness as he smiled at me, his thumb unconsciously caressing my hand.

"You know, Zhan, I had once been in your position, I loved to act, but no one thought I was able to do so, and no one thought I would make it, but I continued and in the end got what I fought for, so never give up." I held my head slightly oblique, looking at Yibo, who stared into my eyes, piercing through my soul.

That was when I realized something, this was not in my manuscript, and why did his story sound so much like the real Wang Yibo?

Once again, I tried to shrug off the coincidence, perhaps I was meant to re-write my script, and this was my chance?

But even before I could think more about it or say something, I felt that push again as if someone held me with threads and pulled at it, my body moved against my will, and I was walking.

I glanced sideways, and Yibo had the same; I saw it in his eyes, and as I glanced at the clock in the centre of the centrum, I saw it had been an hour.

We would go back to being mannequins until tomorrow when the clock would ding three times.

But I was happy; something fluttered inside my chest as I today got to know way more than I expected from that stiff stoic Yibo.

As we came back to the place where we began, and the time started to tick again, I heard Yibo's strong voice inside my ear.

Let the time tick until we collide again.

I looked sideways, and Yibo glanced at me; both did we smile without anyone knowing.

After all, even mannequins need time to dance and play around like humans.

Word count: 1272 words 

***

Okayy, this was soooooo lamee, sorry~

I will get this book out of its hiatus and finish it asap, next update will be in a few days, sorry for the long hiatus, hope you enjoyed it, and if so, don't forget to comment and vote!

Have a nice day/night!!