5//new class

The picture at the beginning of this chapter is the seating in the classroom. There will be an extra chapter soon that give a little explanation of who's who.

It's lunch break now, El's first few classes were already hard. Apparently, public school assumes you have some basic knowledge which El never learned at the orphanage.

El sits down on the staircases, by herself. She doesn't really care about talking with anyone, it's not like she made any friends in those few hours. In class, she sits next to Catherine, who is friends with Autumn, a reason for El to have as less contact with her as possible. Autumn and Roux are seated in the row in front of El. Roux seems pretty nice, although they're friends with Autumn too, so El won't try to be friends with them either. In the row behind El, there's Violette and Sarah, they're both brats, even if she wanted to be friends with them, they wouldn't want her.

"Thanks for the cheese, even though it wasn't camembert, I loved it." Plagg says, El somehow forgot he was in her bag which is why she freaked out for a second. How could she forget? He's most likely the only friend she'll make.

"No problem, I tried to smuggle as much in my bag as possible, I think it'll be enough." El responds, but she's on the lookout for other people, she doesn't want them to find out about Plagg.

"It was delicious, I ate all of it." Plagg responds, rubbing his stomach with his small hands.

"You ate all of it? Let's hope we don't have to defeat an akuma today, I might not be able to feed you afterwards." El says, she's not mad, just surprised how a small creature like that has such a big appetite for cheese.

"Don't worry, I can smell cheese from miles away. If I need to find some, I will." Plagg says proudly. His response makes El laugh a bit, "If you say so, I won't worry."

The bell rings, lunch break is over and El has to go back to her classroom. Maths, that's her next period. She's sure she's gonna fail maths this year. Even at the orphanage she was a disaster at the subject, but she already knows public school has to pick her results and make it ten times worse. El can only wish this day will be over soon.

Autumn doesn't dare to look at El once she enters the classroom, even though she really wants to. She's still flooded by guilt. El hates her now and there's nothing she can do about is. Why did she do it? Why didn't she tell El the moment she knew she got adopted? It was most likely the fear of losing her best friend, from whom she wished was more. Autumn pushed those feelings away for over three years and she almost forgot about them, but now that she's in the same room as El again, she can't forget about how she wishes things could at least go back to how they were.

As soon as the teacher walks in, everyone goes quiet. The teacher first greets El, since she's new, and then starts explaining the homework. Autumn didn't make a single mistake in the homework itself, but she did forget to write the units down by most exercises. She usually forgets those.

Even without looking behind her, Autumn notices El is struggling with the work. She's been like this all day. She's been taking more notes than anyone else and her face has a constant 'I-don't-get-it' look. Autumn wishes she could help, but she knows El doesn't want that anymore. So she won't.

About halfway through the class, an announcement from the principal's office comes through. "An akuma has been signalised near the Louvre. I need everyone to stay hidden here until our new heroes defeat it. Please stay calm and I'm sure the heroes will handle the situation soon." The announcement stops and you can feel the tension in the classroom rising. Some seem more scared than others, but everyone is at least a bit anxious.

El and Autumn are most anxious out of everyone, not because of the akuma, but because they're not allowed to leave.

El doesn't really care about those rules though, she can make up an excuse herself, she's a good liar. She picks up her bag and skateboard and walks towards the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" The maths teacher asks.

"My orphanage set this new rule yesterday in which we have to go there as soon as an akuma shows up, so I can't stay here." Without any other excuse, she leaves the classroom.

Autumn isn't sure what to do, she can't simply make up an excuse like going to the bathroom, that will raise too much suspicion. But she can't stay here either because she has to help defeat the akuma, she's the only one who can capture it.

Before she can think of a plan, someone else leaves the classroom with a simple "I need to get this akuma on camera. I want to continue the LadyBlog for my mother, she was the previous owner." It's Miles. Alya and Nino's son.

Autumn sees this as the perfect opportunity to sneak out too, she's the top student so no one will suspect she does anything else than what she says "I'll try to get him to return to class."

Of course, she's gonna follow Miles, but for an alibi, she has to 'accidentally' lose him later on.

"Miles wait up!" She shouts, following him.

"I suppose you're here to stop me and tell me it's too dangerous to go." He says.

"Well, that's what the class thinks I'm doing, but I know you won't listen to me. So I'll come with you to pull you out of the situation if it gets too dangerous, deal?" Miles nods, it seems only fair to him.

While running to the Louvre, Miles follows the news on his phone. Apparently, Lady Noire is fighting on her own and she's having a hard time keeping it busy. Ladybug needs to show up soon or Lady Noire might lose.