1//Hugo, where are you?

It seems like a normal day when Marinette Dupain-Cheng, the former Ladybug, current guardian of the miraculouses and designer of a millions company, wakes up next to her husband Adrien Dupain-Cheng. She kisses him good morning

"Hi kitty." She greets her husband with a smile.

"Good morning, Bugaboo." he responds smiling.

"Ready for the day?" She asks him.

"Not yet." Adrien says, kissing his wife "Now I am."

As the parents walk downstairs, they notice only two of their three kids are downstairs.

"Where is Hugo?" Marinette asks, Louis and Emma look at each other before shrugging.

"I'll go to his room to see if he's there, he might have overslept." Adrien offers, walking upstairs again.

Marinette starts making breakfast, she is serving it when Adrien comes running downstairs with a worried look on his face.

"He isn't home!"

"Are you sure?" Marinette asks, she sounds as worried as Adrien.

"Yes, I've searched every room, he isn't here."

"His bag is gone, too." Emma interrupts, pointing to the coat rack where only two school bags are.

"I'll go search for him, you stay here in case he comes home." Adrien says, getting his jacket.

"Okay, be careful." Marinette says.

After breakfast, Marinette walks Louis and Emma to school, she's been doing this every day, even when her children tell her they're old enough to go on their own. Louis is 15 years old and the oldest of the three kids, Emma is 13 and the middle child while Hugo is only 12 years old and the youngest.

"Mom, is Hugo gonna be okay?" Emma asks.

"Of course, he'll be fine. I'm sure there's a reason why he isn't at home, don't worry too much about it, okay?" Marinette says reassuring.

Louis looks at Emma, who shakes her head without her mom noticing.

"Mom, I think I know why he left." Louis starts, Emma's head turns red.

"Why?" Marinette asks her son.

"You tell her or I will." Louis tells Emma, who nods defeated.

"Hugo and I got in a fight last night. I honestly don't know what it was about, but I ended up yelling that he should just leave and never come back, I think he took it seriously." Emma says, she's feeling guilty. Marinette is silent for a moment.

"You guys stay here and don't leave, I'll call your dad." Marinette says, walking off.

"I don't know if it's the right time to tell you this, Marinette, but I just felt the presence of the butterfly miraculous." Tikki says as soon as Marinette is out of range of her children. Although Marinette isn't allowed to transform into Ladybug anymore, she still wears the earrings and keeps her kwami company.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm afraid someone evil found it again."

"Then it's even more important that we find Hugo before an akuma does, I'll call Adrien."

"Wait, Marinette! You know you can't be Ladybug anymore, Paris will lose faith in their heroes if the Ladybug who they thought died years ago suddenly shows up again. I think it's time for you and Adrien to pass on your miraculouses." Marinette nods, although it hurts her to admit it.

"I'll tell Adrien that, too."

When they're done calling, Marinette is in tears. She thought she could leave her past behind her, but it's getting back. She knew there was a price to pay if she made a wish with both miraculouses, but she never got to pay that price in all her years, so what if this is the price?

She never told anyone she made that wish because she was embarrassed by it, she didn't even tell Adrien. She has to make sure no one gets hurt because of her again. Marinette walks back to her children after making sure they can't see her wiped away tears.

"We're gonna look for Hugo together and you'll make it up to him when we find him, Emma. Once everything's good, I'll bring you to school." She says, her children nod.

"Hugo?"
"Hugo, where are you?"
"Hugo, I'm sorry, please come back." They shout while walking through the streets of Paris. But none of them finds him. Adrien isn't that lucky finding him either.

They've been searching for over ten minutes when a girl walks up to them, she's in Louis' class. She's got blond hair in two long braids, she's wearing a checkered yellow and black skirt and a black shirt with a sunflower printed on it.

"Hey Louis, what's going on?" She asks friendly.

"Hi Autumn. My brother, Hugo, went missing, we're searching for him. I'll come to school after we find him, if our teacher asks why I'm late, just tell her that-" Louis starts, but Autumn won't let him finish his sentence.

"I'll help you search for him, I'm sure school understands. And besides, what's a few hours of detention compared to finding someone who went missing." Autumn smiles, she's the kind of person that always helps people out, even if it means she'd get hurt in the process.

After searching for another fifteen minutes, they find Hugo hiding in an alley, crying his eyes out. Emma walks up to him, but he runs away as soon as he notices her. Emma wants to follow him, but Autumn holds her back. She sits down on one knee to match Emma's height and starts talking.

"I don't think it's a good idea if you follow him. He seems pretty upset. Let me talk to him first, I'll tell him you're sorry." Emma nods, she's crying too, she never meant to hurt her little brother.

Marinette looks to Tikki in her bag, who nods. She knows what she has to do. Tikki cuddles Marinette's finger before Marinette takes off her earrings. She puts them in the small miracle box which she'll slide into Autumn's bag when she sees the chance.

After a few minutes, they see Autumn again, although she isn't with Hugo as they suspected. She has this terrified look in her eyes.

"Something happened to him. I don't know what exactly. He got surrounded by- I don't know what it was, it looked like some sort of purple fluid, but I didn't want to go near him." Marinette immediately knows what happened and she's never been more terrified in her entire life.

"Emma, Louis, go hide in the school together, make sure Hugo can't find you and keep each other safe."

"Mom, what's going on?" Emma asks terrified.

"Hawk Moth has returned."

Hi everyone!
I've finally decided to publish the first chapter. I think I'll publish about one or maybe two chapters a week, but I can't promise anything. Below this paragraph of text is a picture of what I have in mind when I talk about Autumn. So yeah, I just wanted to show y'all that lol.
Anyway, I hope you have a great day and enjoy reading the rest of this book!
bug out!

 Anyway, I hope you have a great day and enjoy reading the rest of this book!bug out!