23//New Year's Eve

It's the morning of new New Year's Eve and since El hasn't asked Autumn to go celebrate it together, Ladybug decides it's time to meet up with Lady Noire.

Once Lady Noire notices Ladybug, she starts to smile. "Hi big bug." She says, Ladybug smiles and greets her, too.

"It's been a while since an akuma showed up." Ladybug says to start a conversation.

"Yeah, maybe HawkMoth has taken a break too." Lady Noire jokes, she's happy to see that Ladybug laughs at it.

"I got you a present. I wanted to give it to you during Christmas, but I forgot." Lady Noire says shyly. She takes a short breath, grabs the present, gives it to Ladybug and stares at her feet, waiting for the response.

Ladybug unwraps the present to see a small, black cat toy, Ladybug smiles.

"I like it, it's cute and it reminds me of you; a little kitten. I didn't get you anything though, I'm really sorry." Lady Noire now looks up to Ladybug. She checks if Ladybug is sincere at first and then continues.

"Just spending time with you is a gift. I know it sounds selfish, but I'm glad that person didn't ask you to spend New Year's Eve with them."

"You remind me of her in some way. It might sound weird, you have barely anything in common, but something about you reminds me of her. Or maybe something about her reminds me of you, I'm not sure." Ladybug murmurs after a few seconds of silence. She isn't sure why she said that, the words came before her thoughts did.

Lady Noire blushes, even though she has no idea if what Ladybug said was supposed to be a compliment. "If I had to compare you to someone I know, I'd compare you to my friend. We might be best friends, actually, but I never know when you'd call someone a best friend. She's sweet and caring and, even though she's a bit clueless sometimes, she's amazing. Just like you." Lady Noire says, this time it's Ladybug's turn to blush.

They talk for a little bit longer. During a serious conversation about whether Halloween or Christmas is better, Ladybug suddenly asks what Lady Noire meant with her being clueless, but Lady Noire laughs it off, saying it's nothing.

As they're having a conversation about their favourite midnight snack, a loud bang can be heard. It's nighttime already and Ladybug and Lady Noire thought it came from some people firing illegal fireworks at first, but when another bang sounds followed with a shriek, they decide to check it out.

When they arrive, they see a young girl who's covering her eyes with her hands, she's crying. Broken glasses lay next to her on the ground and a few children are running towards her, some ask her if she's okay while others try to cover up what just happened.

Lady Noire jumps down and walks up to the group of teenagers. Ladybug follows her, she doesn't feel like interfering, but helps anyway.

"What's going on here?" Lady Noire asks, they all stiffen as they turn around. They're quiet now, so the girl's cry is heard even better.

"We were just- we didn't mean to- the fireworks fell and- and- and it hit-" one of the boys starts stuttering, using hand gestures to imply what he means.

After that, things happen fast. While they're making excuses and apologies, an akuma lands on the girl's broken glasses. Purple fluid starts covering her body and the moment the heroes realise, she has already attacked the boys as well as the heroes. Yet, the attack coming from her glasses doesn't hurt them. "I'm Reset. Once it's midnight everyone will forget what happened in the past 24 hours. And don't worry heroes, I'll take your miraculouses after that." Reset says before flying away.

"Stay here and stay safe, we'll get her back safely." Ladybug reassures them, Lady Noire has already extended her stick to follow Reset.

Once Ladybug catches up to Lady Noire, she's already fighting. It's an unfair battle, given the fact that Reset can fly and Lady Noire can only extend her stick.

Ladybug tries to grab Reset with her yo-yo as a sneak attack, but fails. "Two against one? That doesn't seem fair." Reset says with a grin, she doesn't seem to mind at all.

"Stop mocking us and fight!" Lady Noire says annoyed. She was supposed to have a careless and fun night with Ladybug today, not a night to fight an akuma.

"I could, but I'd like to have some fun before I take your miraculous. I'm the one at an advantage here, you see. Once it's midnight, everyone who's been hit by my attack will forget everything that happened in the past 24 hours. You won't remember me and while you're trying to figure out what's going on, I'll take your miraculous."

Ladybug opens her yo-yo, looking at the time. She didn't realise it was this late already. There's exactly seven more minutes left until midnight, so there's no time to lose. "Lucky charm!"

A small ball falls down. Ladybug takes a quick look around, trying to understand her lucky charm. Once she notices, she points at a tree. Lady Noire understands the order and uses her cataclysm on the tree, getting a branch from it. She throws it to Ladybug and continues to fight the akuma herself, giving Ladybug the time she needs to make the right preparations.

Ladybug picks up a sharp stone from the ground and uses it to shape the branch. It takes about four minutes to shape it into a catapult base. She uses a rubber band from her hair and binds it around the catapult base.

She knows she's got no time to lose, since she can transform back any moment now. She shoots the ball with the catapult, hitting Reset's glasses with it. She uses her yo-yo to catch the released akuma, but since she shot the ball, she isn't able to throw it in the air to fix everything yet.

While Lady Noire catches the girl and brings her safely back to the teenagers, Ladybug searches for the small ball, but can't find it. She detransforms without being able to fix a thing. Even though they've defeated the akuma, they'll still forget everything that has happened in the past 24 hours.

Once Lady Noire returns to Ladybug, she's surprised to find Autumn. Autumn looks up to Lady Noire when Lady Noire's ring beeps one last time and she transforms back, too.

It only takes a few seconds for Lady Noire to realise Ladybug is Autumn. Autumn stares back to El, unsure what to say. They're still staring at each other when they hear a lot of fireworks getting fired, it's midnight. And as fast as they discovered each other's identities, they forget it again.