Seven.

The summer was a quiet one. I told my grandparents what happened with my dad, they were relieved to hear that he's been innocent this whole time, but they hated that he was still on the run. Joshua came to visit and he spent an entire week with us. We took a walk together to get out of the house for a bit. We saw Harry doing the same thing.

He ran across the road to say hi to us. He smiled at me when he approached us. "Hi!" He said excitedly.

"Hi Harry," I greeted him, "Joshua this is Harry Potter. We go to school together. He was with me when I found out my dad was innocent. Harry, this is my little brother, Joshua."

"Hi," says Joshua.

"I didn't know you had a brother," he says, looking at Joshua.

"Technically we're half siblings. We have the same mum, different dads. But we grew up together as siblings."

"Right," says Harry, "You should keep him from my cousin. He's the perfect size for Dudley to try and overtake. He likes them younger so they can't run away."

"He'll have me to deal with if he lays a finger on him."

"That'll be hilarious. I'll tell him that I know you. He'd be terrified of you if he knew you were a witch."

"Really?" I chuckle, "That's pathetic."

"They're all pathetic," says Harry, who was smiling again. "Are you going to the Quidditch World Cup this year?"

I shake my head, "Um, no."

"Awe, that's too bad," says Harry, "I'm going with the Weasley's. I just got the letter the other day."

"I'm sure you'll have a great time with them," I say. We had started walking now. There was a park not far from here I was taking my brother to when we ran into Harry.

"I'm going to be spending the rest of the summer with them, so after Sunday you won't see me until we go back to school."

He said that like we hang out all the time. We've been home for a month, and this is the first time that I've seen him.

"Have you been writing to your dad at all? He's written to me a few times."

"He's written a few times, yeah," I say, nodding. "He keeps sending back different owls for the job. It must be hard to find good ones wherever he is."

"Yeah, I know, he sends different owls every time. He told me not to send Hedwig, because she's too easily recognized."

"He said the same thing about Pipper too."

Harry hung out with my brother and I while we were at the park. He was actually a pretty nice kid. Joshua seemed to like him too. Harry's cousin Dudley was here with some friends, Harry pointed him out to me when he arrived. I watched him as he knocked Joshua off the swing he was swinging on and they started laughing. I, however, did not laugh. I charged over to him and helped my brother up before I laid into Dudley.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with you? You ignorant Hippo! He's 10! He didn't even say anything to you so don't you dare tell me he provoked you."

"Did you just call me ignorant?" He asks, his face screwed into an angry look.

"I did, because you are! Who does that to a ten year old who was minding his own business? Harry was right about you. You're cruel."

"You know Harry, do ya?" He asks, a smirk on his face now.

"I do, I know her," says Harry, who was now standing next to me. "We go to school together."

The cocky look on Dudley's face vanishes. "School?"

"Yes, school, you know the one," says Harry. He was careful not to mention Hogwarts by name. "Her father is my Godfather. Our parents were friends."

Dudley starts to look even more scared.

I look at Harry and I ask, "Should I write to him about this? See if he comes to pay a visit?"

"No!" Dudley shouts, "Keep him far from here!"

He runs away then, and his friends follow him. Harry and I both start laughing. Joshua gets back onto the swing again and goes back to minding his own business.

"He's really quiet, your brother," says Harry as we left Joshua to play by himself. He likes to be alone when he's on the swings.

"He's been quiet since mum died," I tell him, "he was really young, when it happened. He didn't really understand what was happening when it was going on. And I couldn't be there for him, because I was at Hogwarts."

"I miss my parents too. And I didn't even know what they looked like until I was 11," says Harry as we sat on a bench together. "Sometimes I consider myself lucky that I didn't know them. That way I don't have anything to hold onto. It makes it easier. But it also makes it harder at the same time."

"Losing a parent is hard, no matter how much time you know them. I thought both of my parents were gone. My mum is dead, and my father in jail for the rest of his life. It's certainly a big relief to know my dad was actually innocent."

"It is," says Harry, nodding. "Your father has been a great Godfather so far. He can't reply quickly all the time, but he's given some great advice."

"Yeah, we talk as much as we can," I say, nodding. "He's been great."

We left the park not long after that when Joshua said he was done playing. We found out that Harry lives on Privet Drive, which is just two streets from my Grandparents. I knew we lived in the same town, but I never realized how close we were to each.

When August came around, I got my Hogwarts letter, and I found out I had been made Prefect for Slytherin House. I didn't even know that I was even in the running. My Grades were okay, Nadine's were better. The only reason I could think of for Dumbledore choosing me was what happened in June with my father. Nadine was certainly not going to be happy about this. That was for sure. She always said she wanted one of us to be made Prefect, so she was going to be happy it was me.

A few days later, I heard that the Quidditch World Cup ended in a rampage. It was taken over by Death Eaters in the middle of the night. They attacked some Muggles too. The Dark Mark appeared over everything. I was glad that I didn't go. Harry said he was going with the Weasley's, I just hope that they all got out okay.

The school list had one odd request on it. We needed a formal occasion outfit. When we went to Diagon Alley  we found a beautiful dress at Madam Malkin’s. It was black Chiffon and flowing with a floral lace bodice. It was off the shoulder, with a sweetheart neckline. I bought it as soon as I saw it. It was absolutely beautiful.

    I didn't really see anyone from school while at Diagon Alley

I didn't really see anyone from school while at Diagon Alley. I did see Mrs. Weasley walking around. I recognized her from all the times I've seen her at King's Cross Station dropping off and picking up her many children. It looked like she was by herself. I was wondering if the kids were here and just off by themselves. I didn't see them anywhere though, so I assumed she was alone.

On the day I had to go back to school, I packed up my things and we all went to London together. I went through the platform alone, like always, and I made my way straight for the train. I was putting my trunk in the compartments when a hand grabbed onto it and helped me load it into the train.

It was George Weasley, "Hiya Penelope," he greets me happily, smiling wide.

"Hi George," I greet him back.

"How'd you know I'm not Fred?" He asks, eyeing me.

"Because Fred doesn't go out of his way to talk to me," I tell him, my voice was it's usual deadpan. But it didn’t stop him from talking to me.

"Have you heard from you dad at all?" He asks as he closes the compartment my trunk was in.

"Yes," I say nodding, "we wrote to each other all summer."

"That's good to hear, Harry said he's been writing with him too."

"He told me that, too," I say, "well I should be getting off to the Prefect’s Carriage for the meeting."

"Prefect’s Carriage?" George repeats, "Look at you, I didn't know you had it in you, Black. Way to go."

"Thanks," I say, a chuckle in my voice. "I should be off, I'll see you around."

I turned and headed off then, not wanting to stay any longer or I'd be late. My owl, Pipper, came with me to the meeting because I didn't want to leave him alone. The meeting was boring. It lasted about an hour long and it was filled with information that I already knew. I was given the password to get into the Common Room before we were allowed to leave.

I went to find Nadine then, and I found her very quickly. She was alone, reading. She perked up when she saw me and closed her book. "There you are! I'm so happy for you!" She did something unexpected then. She hugged me. She knows I don't exactly like hugs. But this time I'll let it slide. She gave me a good squeeze and then sat back down and we began to catch each other up on our summers and what's happened since the last time we saw each other.

________________________
Here's part 7!

We're in book 4 now!

I can't wait to see where her and George’s Relationship is going to go this year.

I have no idea. I'm making this up as I go.

-Emily Winchester.