Twelve.

My dad had written to Harry, asking him when the next Hogsmeade weekend was, so Harry told him, and then he wrote back telling us to go to the stile at the end of town at 2 o'clock on Saturday afternoon, and he asked to bring as much food as we could.

Before we did that though, we had classes to get through. There was another article in the Daily Prophet and this time it was about Hermione. Rita Skeeter said Harry and Hermione were dating, but she left him for Viktor Krum, and she mentioned that Krum has asked her to visit him in the Summer Holidays and that he has never felt this way about any other girl before. In the article, Pansy Parkinson said Hermione was using a live potion because she was too ugly. It was sick.

Hermione said that the only facts in this article was that Viktor did ask her to visit him over the summer, and that he did say that he had never felt the way he does for her about any other girl before. Hermione couldn't figure out how she knew that though since they were totally alone when it happened and Viktor hates Rita as much as Harry does so he wouldn't have talked to her. The article didn't bother Hermione though. At least it didn't at first. And then people started treating her like it was fact, when it wasn't.

We met my dad that weekend where he asked to meet us. He took us far enough from the village where he could speak to us in person and not get caught. Buckbeak was very happy to see us. He was still in the same robes he had on last time we saw him, but that didn't stop me from giving him a long, big hug. We gave him the food we brought for him right away. He warned us that he was worried about Harry being in this Tournament. With Barty Crouch constantly ill and a Ministry witch still missing as well Sirius said something fishy is going on.

My dad didn't like that Ludo Bagman kept offering to help Harry with the Tournament, but Harry assured him that he was just an odd guy who didn't care if he broke rules. My dad told us about Barty Crouch's family. How his son, Barty Crouch Jr. was a Death Eater and was sent to Azkaban. How he never spoke to his son again after that. He told us that he was a ruthless man, and how he sent plenty of people to Azkaban without trial, Sirius was one of them.

We told him that Harry saw Mr. Crouch was on the map in Snape’s office, and then we asked what his opinion of Snape was. He said he wasn’t sure why Dumbledore had hired him when he found out he was our Professor. And Harry mentioned how Igor Karkaroff showed Snape something on his arm and Sirius said he didn't know what that meant. We were left with more questions than answers when we were finished with my dad.

I met Fred, George, and Lee at The Three Broomsticks after the visit with my dad. George asked me how it went as soon as I sat down. He was so excited that I was able to see him again. He was more excited than I was about it I think.

"It went great, it was lovely to see him again. I just wish he could be free, you know?"

"I know, I think we all do," says George, placing one of his large hands onto my shoulders.

Normally something like that would make me cringe, and I'd tell him off for touching me, but with George I didn't mind. It felt almost natural when he did it.

Hermione started to get hate mail from those who believed Rita Skeeter's story about the love triangle between her, Harry, and Viktor Krum. They sent curses and Howlers for the better part of a week. George told me that Even Mrs. Weasley believed the story. She sent her an Easter Egg the size of a chicken egg, and we all got ones the size of a dragon's egg.

Harry and the other champions found out what the Third Task was going to be a maze about a month beforehand. Viktor asked Harry to talk to him, and they ran into Barty Crouch, who looked out of his mind. Harry went to get the Headmaster, but Mr. Crouch had attacked Viktor and took off before Harry returned with him. Mr. Crouch was found dead a few days later.

Harry had a dream about the Dark Lord in Divination class and woke to his head feeling like it was on fire because his scar was burning so badly. He was taken to see Professor Dumbledore, where he found something called a pensive, and he watched someone Dumbledore’s old memories of trials after the Dark Lord had vanished. Harry is convinced he is now back, and gaining power again. He had seen that Mr. Crouch’s son, Barty Crouch Jr. was a Death Eater as well, and he was sentenced to life in Azkaban. When he told us this, he seemed so shaken. We had to remind him to keep his energy on the last task.

When it was finally June and time for the last task, it was late June, the school finals were already finished, and all that was left was the last task, and getting our grades back for the end of the year. All of the Weasley family were here, except for Charlie. George insisted I sit with him and his family to watch the task.

Mrs. Weasley greeted me with a big hug, and she told me that George has spoken very highly of me quite a few times now. She also told me she was delighted to hear that my father wasn't dangerous after all. I told her I was happy to hear that one, too.

The announcements for the Final Task began then, and they were given as much time as they needed to finish a maze. They didn’t come back for two hours. Fleur came back first after an hour, and then Viktor a half hour later. Then, when Harry and Cedric returned, two hours later looking so battered and beat up, Harry was holding Cedric’s body. Everyone seemed to cheer, but I didn’t. Something looked wrong. Very, very wrong.

Cedric was passed out, unconscious. It scared me to see that he wasn’t moving. He looked dead. I stood up from my seat, watching Harry cry tears streaming down his face as he was clutching Cedric’s unmoving body Dumbeldore began to run over to him after Fleur let out a blood curdling scream.

“Something is wrong with Cedric.” I say, my voice frantic filled with worry.

"HE'S BACK!" Harry screamed at Dumbledore, "VOLDEMORT IS BACK! HE KILLED CEDRIC!"

Everyone started shouting that Cedric was dead. I took off running the Slytherin's so I could take the younger students back to the Common Room. Harry is overtaken from view by Dumbledore, Minister Fudge, and Amos Diggory. Cedric’s father was distraught. He kept shouting about his boy. And then Harry was taken away from pitch after being pulled away from Cedric’s dead body.

I took a group of first year back to the Slytherin Common Room and made sure they were all okay, and then we went to bed for the night.

On the very last day of school, Dumbledore gave a speech about Cedric, telling that the Ministry doesn't want us to know how he died, but he told us anyway. He spoke very highly of Cedric, talking about how kind he was and what a good friend he was to everyone. How he was a hard worker, and valued fair play. He said that whether we knew him well or not, Cedric's death has affected everyone in this room.

We all raised a glass to Cedric and toasted to his memory.

Fred and George sat with Ron, Hermione, Harry and I on the way back to King's Cross Station that day. Hermione told us that she found out how Rita Skeeter knew the things that she did. She was an unregistered Animagus. She turned into a beetle. And Hermione had her in a jar! She assured us that she was going to release her, but only if she agreed to never write lies and made up stories again.

When we arrived at King's Cross, we said goodbye for the Summer. Lupin was there. I was excited to see him. He told me that he was taking me to spend the summer with my dad. I was confused but I didn't argue with him on it.

Then, out of the eyesight of Mrs. Weasley, Harry gave his 1,000 Galleon Prize money to Fred and George so they could put it towards their joke shop that they wanted to run. They were both very, very grateful. They almost didn't want to take it, because Harry had won it himself, but Harry insisted. His only request was that he didn't tell anyone where they got it from.

Lupin took me to my Grandparents house so I could say hello and goodbye to them and pack some things before I left again. I didn't want to leave them, but spending the summer with my dad was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

He took me to a house in London, and we met my dad there. He was cleaned up, and he had a haircut. He looked like a human being again. It was so good to see.

"Dad?" I say even though I know it's him. I walk to him, smiling as I did, and I cup his face in my hands to look at him. He looks so cleaned up. I've never seen him so clean before. It suited him. I liked it. He looked like himself, like the old photos I've seen.

"Welcome home, darling," he says, smiling down at me. We share a long, tight hug then. "We're going to spend so much time together this summer you're going to be ready to go back to school."

"Impossible," I say and then he lets me go.

______________________
Here's part 12!

Why do I always kill Cedric in chapter 12 I swear.

And we're done with book 4 now, and we're entering book 5!

-Emily Winchester.