Thirty.

I did what George told me to do. I packed up my things and moved back in with my grandparents. Joshua was not happy at all but I assured him George would still be there for him if he needed him. I took Joshua back to King's Cross Station so he could go back to school. I didn't want to send him back, but he had to go.

After he was on the train I started looking around for Neville Longbottom. I found him talking to Ginny Weasley. If I truly didn't need to speak to him I wouldn't go over there. It was just going to be awkward for me and Ginny.

"Neville," I say, getting his attention, "Can I please speak to you?"

"Yeah, sure, Penelope, what's up?"

"Crabbe is following my brother around school," I tell him, getting into it straight away. "He's been bullying him for a while now. But recently he's been using the Cruciatus Curse on him for no reason other than the fact that he doesn't like me."

"Are you serious?" he asks, his tone hard, full of anger. "That's absolutely sick."

"Yeah, it is," I agree, nodding, "I was wondering if you could keep an eye on him? He's told me you've become kind of a ringleader of sorts in Gryffindor House this year."

"Of course," he says without hesitation. "You're brother reminds me a lot of me at his age. I don't want to see him hurt. I promise you that I will look after him." 

"Thank you," I say, quickly, and I actually hug him. He's surprised by this hug at first, but he hugs me back after a moment. 

"No problem, Penelope," says Neville as we hugged.

I started to walk away after our hug. I was stopped by a hand grabbing onto mine. I turned and I saw Ginny was the one who had grabbed my hand. She hugs me tightly for a good moment. I am surprised by this hug. Like me, Ginny isn't much of a hugger. So she must really mean this hug.

"My brother is an absolute idiot for letting you leave," she tells me as we hug. It makes me chuckle a little bit.

"It's alright," I tell her. I step back a bit, keeping her at a close distance though. "Really, I'm okay. He made his choice. He refused to give me time. I'm proud of myself for standing my ground and not letting him talk me into doing something I wasn't ready to do."

"You're awesome, you know that? I've always thought you were so awesome."

She hugs me again, this time a quick hug. It was then that Mrs. Weasley came over to us saying, "Ginny dear, I found some more snacks in my bag for you. Oh, Penelope, dear, hello. I was hoping I'd see you here today."

"Hi Mrs. Weasley," I greet her back, and it felt awkward to talk to her.

Ginny and Neville have left to get in the train now, and it was just Mrs. Weasley and I alone now. We stood next to each other and watched as the train started rolling off. 

"You left without saying goodbye on Christmas," she says, as if this interaction wasn't awkward enough.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I just had to get out of there."

"You know I'm not mad at you for what happened, Penelope. You followed your gut, there's nothing to be ashamed of. I could tell from the look on your face when he pulled the ring out that you only said yes to appease us in the room. I wasn't surprised at all when he told us what happened the next day. But I was surprised to hear you moved out. I thought maybe you'd be able to work through it."

"Me too, but he was the one who told me to leave. So I did. He didn't want me there unless I agreed to marry him. And I just wasn't ready. My grandparents were happy to have me back home though so it's not all bad."

"Well that's good," she says, a small smile on her face. "You don't seem to be taking this too hard."

I shrug, "Well, just because he was my first love didn't mean he was going to be my last. My mum found love again after my dad went to prison. I'm not going to be alone forever."

"No indeed you will not," she says, smiling again. "You're strong, and so beautiful."

"Thank you," I tell her.

"You're welcome, dear," she says, smiling again. The train is gone now, so I tell her goodbye and head back home. I found Remus was there waiting for me, he was actually having tea with my grandparents. I was surprised to see him here.

"Hey, kid," he greets me, smiling wide.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask him as I walk up to him and we hug.

"I just came to make sure the protection charms on this place were hiding up. They are."

"Good," I say, nodding. 

"Have a seat, kid, there's something that I want to talk to you about."

I listen and I sit at the table with him. My grandparents leave us alone to talk. "They told me about what happened with George. I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's alright," I assure him, "I'm fine. Honestly, I am. Or, I will be, eventually, I guess."

"You will be, I know it," he assures me, nodding his head. "I'm here for you if you need to talk about anything, okay, kid?"

"I know, thank you." I tell him, nodding. 

"Now, I didn't just want to talk about you and George. Dora and I have been thinking of who we want our baby's godparents to be. And we have chosen you to be Godmother if you accept."

"What?" I ask, sitting forward now. "You want me to be the Godmother?" 

"Yes, Penelope, we do. We both love you and we trust you so much that we picked you. There was really no debate about it either. I mentioned your name and she was on board right away. You two are cousins after all."

I forget all the time that I am related to Tonks on my dad's side, because I never knew his family growing up.

"Of course I will be Godmother, Remus. Thank you so much for asking me."

The biggest smile I've ever seen Remus wear takes over his face. "Oh Dora is going to be so happy when I tell her."

Godmother. I was going to be Godmother to my Godfather's child. This was so exciting. I couldn't wait to tell George all about this. 

Oh wait.

Nevermind that one.

Force of habit I guess. 

I pulled myself together enough to smile and Remus and thank him one last time before he left. It was going to be hard for me to recondition my brain not to instantly think of telling George every piece of news I heard. It was going to take some time but I'd get there eventually. 

The first time I saw George after I moved out of the flat was at an Order meeting. It was held at their shop, and I felt very awkward to be there, but I was a part of the Order if he liked it or not, so I had a right to be here. 

Remus gave an update about where he thinks Harry and the others may be, but he was entirely sure he was right about it. It was just a guess. George stayed quiet the entire meeting from the moment that I had arrived. Fred announced that if it got any worse out there that they would have to close down their shop. He looked sad to have to announce that news.

Death Eaters were basically taking over everything they could; they have overtaken Hogsmeade, the Ministry of Magic, and they're most likely working on infiltration of Hogwarts.

I kept my eyes off of George as much as I could, but it was hard. This was the first time I've seen him since we broke up so it was like opening old wounds again. Every ounce of healing I've done was gone at the sight of him. He still held my heart as much as I hated to admit it.

When the meeting was over, Mrs. Weasley hugged me, told me she was happy to see me, and wished me well before she and Mr. Weasley went home. George actually stopped me from leaving, asking to talk to me alone. I told Nadine it was okay, and she went off without me.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the way I acted, it wasn't right of me. You were obviously scared and I was only thinking of me and what I wanted."

"Yeah you were a right dick," I say, crossing my arms over my chest. I wasn't going to forgive him that easily. He couldn't get away with that. I wouldn't let him.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I was hoping maybe we could at least be friends. I miss you so much."

I sigh. I missed him too, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't. But I wasn't ready to be his friend yet. I just wasn't. "You know what, George, no. I don't want to be your friend, but you know who does? My brother. You were good to him, and he loves you. So be his friend, but please leave me out of it. I'm working on moving on. I loved you more than anything, and you told me to leave. So that's what I did, and you will not just come back into my life because you want to. So if you want to know how I'm doing, ask Joshua."

I leave the shop then, not letting him say anything else. I didn't want to hear what he had to say. I just wanted to be done with him.

_________________________
Here's part 30!

Girl is standing her ground.

I like her. She's a fun character to write honestly.

-Emily Winchester.