Twenty-Four.

In Defense Against the Dark Arts, Professor Snape spoke of the dark arts like they were a beautiful thing, it kind of made sense. When you’re in the fight, you have to just use your gut. After his little introduction to the N.E.W.T. level class, he made us get into pairs and practice nonverbal magic, since he knew Umbridge didn't teach us last year.

Harry told me he got a detention from Snape when he didn’t refer to Snape as “Sir” so Snape corrected him fixing his sentence saying, “Yes, Sir,” and Harry replied smugly with, “There’s no need to call me ‘Sir’, Professor,” which made everyone in the class gasp.

But then Harry received a message from the Headmaster asking him to begin their private lessons at the same time Snape had assigned him detention, so Harry was happy he didn’t have to do the detention. We took our break and then it was time for Hermione and I to head off to our very first Arithmancy class.

After our lunch period, it was time for double Potions with Professor Slughorn. When we entered the dungeon there were several pots of some unknown potions boiling low on each table. Slughorn started off by making us stand in front of them while he went over all of them one-by-one.

The first one was Veritaserum, which was a colorless, odorless potion that made the drinker tell the truth. The second one was Polyjuice Potion, which smelled ghastly and looked like wet mud. The third was Amortentia, the Love Potion with a distinctive Mother-of-Pearl sheen and hot steam rising in characteristic spirals.

I myself was caught off guard by my own scent coming from the cauldron. It was like there were 10 George Weasley's standing around me. I could smell nothing but my boyfriend. It was so amazing. That distracted me for the rest of the class. I kept smelling it as long as I was in the classroom.  I’ve never been more intoxicated by his scent before. It was just proof of how much I missed him and how much I was dying to see him.

I had a lot more homework this year than I did last year, which I thought was impossible. September flew by, and every free moment that I wasn’t doing homework. Harry led Quidditch tryouts as Captain the second week of school. As much as he would love to just give Ron a spot as keeper it wouldn't be fair. He had to make him try out.

I sat with Hermione as we watched Ron go up against McLaggen. Hermione and I knew Ron didn't stand a real chance against him. McLaggen was the much better option. But Hermione used a Confounders Cham and used it to make McLaggen miss some easy shots. The position of Keeper went to Ron. Ginny also made the team as a Chaser, and so did her boyfriend, Dean Thomas.

Being one of Slughorn's favorite students meant you were a part of the Slug Club. He held dinner parties and you were expected to be there. Harry always got out of going somehow. He had Quidditch practice, private lessons with Dumbledore, or detention with Snape.

Our first Hogsmeade weekend was in November. I told George all about it and I was excited to see him again. Dumbledore had asked Harry to get to know Professor Slughorn a bit better for their private lessons. He didn't tell him why though. George was already sitting at a table when we arrived with a Butterbeer for everyone already at the table. He stood when he saw me and I picked up my pace to get to him quicker.

"I've missed you so much," I tell him, my voice muffled from the hug.

He gives me a good squeeze. "I've missed you too, darling." He plants a kiss onto my lips then, and the rest of them have joined us now. George greets Harry, Hermione, and Ron happily. Giving them each a hug. "I saw Zonko's closed down," Says George as he takes my coat for me, placing it around a chair next to his and pulls it out for me to sit on.

"Yeah, crazy right?" Says Ron. "We saw that on our way here."

"I'll have to tell Fred," says George, pushing my chair in before sitting next to me in his chair. "We've been looking for a second location. Hogsmeade would be great."

"That would be awesome," I say beaming.

It was then that Ginny and Dean came over to us to say hi to George. They only stayed long enough to say and then they went into their own booth in a corner and started snogging. Ron scoffed. He started talking about how he didn't want to see that. Hermione and I told him to just ignore it. He claimed it was hard, but we didn't believe him.

After a few Butterbeers, George and I took off on our own. Leaving the three of them to their own devices. We went by the Shrieking Shack, and George, being the cheeky thing he was, said, "Should we go make some noise in the Shrieking Shack?"

"Oh shut it," I say, but it was through a laugh. I stand in front of him and I place my hands in his neck. "You know I haven't laughed or smiled this much since the last time I saw you. I really miss you. Joshua is going to be so jealous when I tell him I saw you."

"Awe. Tell him I miss him." His hands are on my waist now, "I miss you, too, darling. So much. You're all I ever think about. Even when I'm at work you're always on my mind."

"Don't you ever tell Fred that," I joke, making him laugh.

"Don't worry. I won't. I don't think he'd be surprised if he did." He reaches one of his hands up to put some of my hair behind my ear, "Thank you for inviting me here today. I really needed to see you."

I smile at him, "Of course babe, I needed to see you, too. I hate this being apart all the time I can't stand it."

"I know, it's hard for me too. But I'll see you again soon, at Christmas."

"Yes, I'm very excited," I say, not fighting my smile.