Seventeen.

I woke the next day feeling ready to take on the day. I was already sat at the Slytherin table when I saw Fred and George ushering in Joshua and some other first years for their house. They others must have just followed along because they didn't know where they were going yet. It was sweet honestly to see Fred and George showing such kindness to the first years like that.

Since Nadine and I are cool again, we sat with each other at the table. I occasionally snuck glances at the Gryffindor table to see what my brother was up to. He was just eating peacefully. I smiled to myself when I saw him. I was just so happy he was here.

I couldn't get over it. It made my heart so full, because Joshua looked so full of life again. He was laughing and talking to George. I loved it. My two favorite boys were getting along great. I loved to watch it. They were both so cute.

When breakfast ended, I headed over to the Gryffindor table and offered to show Joshua to his first class. He said he had a map and he would be okay. I said alright, but I was here if he changed his mind. If he was okay then I believed him. He'd ask if he needed help.

George walked me to my first class, Nadine tagged along with us. She was in a very cheerful mood. She told George how happy she was for us, and he thanked her. He knew that she and I weren't speaking over the summer, but he didn't say anything about it. She went into the classroom first, saying she'd save me a seat.

"Thank you for being so kind to Joshua," I say, and I honestly mean it.

"Oh don't worry about it, he's a good kid. I really like him," says George, he shrugs his shoulders.

I wrap my hands around the back of his neck, looking in his kind brown eyes, "Well, thank you anyways," I pull him into a quick kiss, and then, in a voice just louder than a whisper, as seductive as I can make it, I say, "I promise you if you keep it up I will make it worth it for you."

He smirks, understanding what I mean, "Well, damn baby, if all I have to do is be nice to your brother that's all you have to say. He will be my new best friend if that's the case."

I laugh at that, "Don't get ahead of yourself," I joke with him, but then I pull him into one more quick kiss. "Get to class, I don't want you to be late."

"Alright fine," he says, but he's smiling. "I'll see you after class."

He kisses me one more time before he walks off heading to his first class. I smiled to myself before I headed into class. Some other Slytherin students were looking at me as I entered the classroom but I didn't let them bother me. 

I sat next to Nadine as Professor Flitwick began today's lesson. During lunch I headed over to the Gryffindor table and asked Joshua how his classes have been. He said they were okay, that Professor McGonagall is scary, but other than that it's been okay.

"McGonagall isn't scary. She's just stern," I assure him, "Just stay on her good side. Don't be late to class and do your homework, and you will be fine."

As I went to head back to the Slytherin table, I was stopped by George when he cleared his throat loudly and said, "You forgetting something, darling?"

It took me a second, but then it hit me, "Oh, right," I say and then I walk up to him and I kiss him. It's a quick, soft kiss, but it's exactly what he wanted. I swear this boy is obsessed with getting kisses. It's his favorite thing.

I met George in the library after dinner that night to do homework. We had planned this out during the summer. Since we're in different years and different houses, after dinner in the library would be our time together and work on homework together. Since I am now a N.E.W.T. student, the Professors didn't hesitate to pile on the homework.

"Hello darling," he greets me, planting a kiss onto my lips. 

"Hi baby," I greet him as he settles next to me, getting his things out of his book back.

"Harry already has  detention," George says, with a little bit of a sigh.

"What?" I ask, surprised at this news, "Why? What happened?"

"He doesn't like the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor," he says, shrugging.

"Umbridge? Why, what did she do?"

"Yeah, Hermione says she's a Ministry Puppet sent here to keep an eye on Hogwarts. She tried to tell her class that Cedric dropped dead of his own accord, that You-Know-Who isn't back. You can imagine Harry didn't take it very well. He went mad, went off on her, calling her the liar. She gave him a week's worth of detentions."

"Wow," I say, sitting back in my seat. "Well, I'm sure I already have a target on my back with her just because of who my father is. I'm sure she knows all about me already."

"Just be yourself and you'll be okay. Just don't go off on her if she says anything you don't like." I roll my eyes at that comment, he laughs, "Okay, that might be asking too much."

"Just a little bit," I say, a light sigh in my voice. "I have her first thing tomorrow, too. I'm not too excited about it anymore."

He places his hand on my thigh, near my knee, "You'll be okay, darling," he says, and he places a kiss onto my head.

It was time to change the subject. I was over the topic, "Well, anyways, I'm really glad that Joshua seems to be enjoying himself."

George perks up, nodding, "He is awesome, honestly. He is a great kid."

I smile at that, "He is," I agree, nodding. 

"With a sister like you I'm not surprised." He said that with a flirty smile on his lips. I rolled my eyes at him, pretending I wasn't into it. He knew I was. I know why he's being so flirty. First his hand on my leg and now the compliments. Boy was trying to get lucky. I knew he was. It just might work too if he kept looking at me with that smile like that.

"Well, well, well what do you have here?" Asks the voice of Draco Malfoy. "Can't say I'm surprised, after what you two did at the Yule Ball last year."

"After what we did?" I ask, repeating the phrase, confused. "You mean dance and have a good time?"

"You two make a cute couple," Malfoy says, but his tone is very condescending. George and I both knew he didn't mean it. "I know you're not like the rest of us in our House, Penelope, but from one Slytherin to another, you know this git can't give you a future, right? He's destined to be poor like his father for the rest of his life."

George speaks up then, "Don't you talk about my father like that, Malfoy."

"You shut your mouth, Malfoy," I demand, I wasn't about to stand for this either, "Don't talk about George like that. You don't know him."

"I know all I need to know," he says, a sly, smug smirk on his face. And then he walks away from us. Leaving us alone.

"I'm sorry about him," I say, my tone soft now, as I look at George.

"It's alright, it's just Malfoy," he says shrugging it off. "Fred and I are going to do just fine with our joke shop. We already have steady business coming in with our mail order business. We just need to work on getting an actual shop."

"I know, baby," I say, my hand on the back of his neck now. I could tell what Malfoy had said actually bothered him. "You and Fred are going to do so well. I just know it."

"I just don't want you to think that you know, if this progresses and gets serious that I'm not going to be able to provide for a family. I will make sure that I do."

I smiled at him, his words were so genuine. "You're so sweet, you know that, right?" I say, a slight chuckle in my voice, and I lightly kiss his temple, "You and Fred are going to be a success. Don't you for one second think that I agree with anything Malfoy has to say. I'm not worried about you."

He smiles, a light, kind smile, "Thanks, baby," he says, his tone as soft as his smile. "I love you."

It was a bit early for us to be saying that to each other, but it was also a bit early for us to start having sex when we did. So it's not like George and I weren't used to moving fast. If he felt it, he could tell me. I was glad he wasn't afraid to tell me. I felt it too.

"I love you, too, George."

________________________
Here's lat 17!

This chapter was just kind of filler, honestly.

I know it didn't exactly progress the story much.

Plus we got George being emotional at the end there and that's always cute.

-Emily Winchester.