two.

"(Name) let's sit here! It's such a perfect spot too!" Aika rushed to a desk near the middle of the class and sat down immediately, patting the desk next to her.

Walking over to the desk, (Name) set down her things and examined the students around her. A group of boys were chatting loudly at the back of the class about who knows what, and a little clique of girls to her far left were hovering over a phone, watching a video as they giggle over its content. This class doesn't seem that bad, (Name) told herself, feeling a bit of joy as she pictured herself bonding well with the other students.

"Yo (Name), we passed by a vending machine a while ago, I wanna buy some drinks! Let's go!" Aika cheered, grabbing (Name) by the arm and dragging her towards the door. Sighing, she followed her friend, not like she had a choice anyway. Just as Aika dragged (Name) out, she bumped into someone. She turned around, ready to apologize when she realized how TALL this guy was (I'm short therefore the reader's short too. That's how it works, so I can feel better about my height ;-;). The boy had a skinny physique with amber eyes and blond hair that was brighter than (Name)'s future. Before she could say anything, the guy looked down at her and smirked.

"Oh? What's a grade schooler doing here? Are you lost little girl?" He snickered, watching (Name) in amusement as she glowered at him.

I take everything back about having good classmates, this guy takes the crown for being the most douchiest lil' asshole, (Name) seethed, opening her mouth to retaliate.

"I'm so sorry! Don't mind Tsukki, he's like that. Please don't take his comment to heart. I'm Yamaguchi by the way. Yamaguchi Tadashi," said the guy behind him. His olive green hair framed his face, which was sprinkled with light freckles. Cute, unlike the other guy, a total ass.

Aika stepped in, much to (Name)'s relief, and apologized on (Name)'s behalf and dragged her away.

"School technically hasn't even started yet and I'm already ticked off. Like, I'm trying to be patient and all, but what the heck! Imaging having the audacity to pick fun at a stranger. That absolute turd!" (Name) huffed, causing Aika to giggle at her friend's frustrations.

"Well, hopefully you'll feel better after a drink, my treat!"

(Name) perked up instantly and made a beeline to the vending machine that is now within their sights, leaving poor Aika to eat her dust.

"Well Aika, what are you waiting for? I want my strawberry milk. Right. Now."

"I swear you're bipolar or something, you literally felt better in the span of seconds. I honestly can't believe you, (Name)."

Aika shook her head, and inserted money into the vending machine and tapped the button. The drinks fell down into the compartment with a loud clunk and Aika stooped down to pick them up. Walking over to (Name), who was sitting on the bench next to the vending machine, passed over the strawberry milk. (Name) gladly took it and drank it with glee.

Aika looked at her phone. "We have about 10 minutes until class starts, let's wait here for now." She took at seat next to (Name) and sipped at her drink, glancing at the students who passed by every now and then.

(Name) sighed, her excitement for school was starting to die down and was replaced by a growing nervous feeling. What if she doesn't end up enjoying her high school years? What if the work was harder than she thought? Even after taking cram school and learning the material beforehand, (Name) still felt anxious.

No, I can't think like this, not when I haven't even experienced anything yet, she snapped at herself, taking a big swig of her milk.

(Name)'s overwhelming thoughts were suddenly stopped when Aika started furiously tugging at her sleeve. "Oh my god, do my eyes deceive me? (Name) stop spacing out and look!" (Name) whipped her head up and her eyes focused on the two students who were walking over. It's Emiko and Hana. Not sparing any time, the two girls hopped out of their seats and tackled their friends with a hug.

Emiko and Hana are beautiful people, and no, (Name) was not saying that just because they're her friends. Emiko had silky black hair that stopped around her chest. Her eyes were an alluring dark gray eyes held a glint of mischief in them, but that's what made her even more beautiful. On the other hand, Hana had a sweet, quiet feel to her look. Her auburn hair was placed in a bob cut and she has jade green eyes that shone with childishness. But one things for sure, both of them were utter dolts, just like Aika and (Name).

Loud squeals erupted from the four girls, catching the attention of all the students in the near vicinity.

I don't know who they are, but who let asylum escapees into my school, the nearby students all looked on in confusion and fear before going back to what they were doing.

"Oh my god! You guys aren't dead! I've missed you all so much!" Emiko exclaimed and Hana nodded furiously.

"You guys don't understand how bored I was during the summer! Even thought we still hung out, it just didn't feel the same," Hana added, grasping the hands of her friends tightly.

Aika nodded in agreement, her long brown hair bobbing as she did so. "But what sucks is that we're not all in the same class! Totally not fair!" Aika wiped a fake tear from her eye, sniffling loudly.

Emiko glanced at her phone and let out a little gasp. "Let's meet up here for lunch! Class is about to start."

The girls gave each other one last hug before heading to their respective classrooms. As (Name) entered the class, she caught sight of the tall blond sitting a few desks next to hers. Lovely. Absolutely lovely. (Name) headed towards her desk, not even sparing the blond a glance. If it weren't for his kind friend with manners, she would've sent the guy to his grave by now.

Was she overreacting over one tiny remark? Maybe. But that doesn't mean she's going to let him get what he wants. Not in a million years. (Name) decided it was best to steer clear from that blond bitch named TsUkKi at all costs. She don't need that kinda negativity in her life, PERIODT. It's all about that self-love, baby. But then again, he didn't seem like a bad person, even with his shitty personality. (Name) always had a knack for judging people based on their vibes, she considered herself a human vibe checker. Whenever she encountered a person, she'd always get this gut feeling that told her whether or not she'd like them. A woman's intuition but better, I guess. Sure, it meant that she doesn't give those people a chance, but it hasn't done her wrong so far. Maybe her vibe checking powers are on vacation or something, because (Name) certainly did NOT enjoy interacting with that hoe.

The teacher walked into the classroom and set down their books on their desk. She cleared her throat, immediately gaining the attention of all the students. (Name) straightened her posture and directed her attention on the now present teacher. The teacher picked up a fresh stick of chalk from the ledge and wrote her name down on the chalkboard in big, swoopy movements.

"My name is Ms.Omori, and I'll be your homeroom teacher. I hope that we'll be able to have a fun year of bonding and learning. Now, let's start roll call."

(Name) sighed. This was going to be a troublesome year.