eight.

"Man, what's with you today, (Name)? You look like someone snuck into your house, took all your snacks, destroyed your bed, and then had a shitfest in your room all night," Hana joked when she saw (Name)'s grumpy attitude first thing that morning. (Name) let out an exasperated groan and dropped her school bag carelessly onto the bench.

"Didn't Aika tell you guys yet? We're playing volleyball today during lunch."

"Oh yeah! With the boys volleyball team! I'm kinda hyped not gonna lie."

"iM kInDa HyPeD, imagine being good at volleyball in the first place."

"Aw don't be such a grumpy pants, (Name). It's gonna be fun, you're really not bad for someone your height."

"Wow, thanks, Emiko."

(Name) blew a few strands of her hair away from her face and let out a yawn, slumping onto Hana to take a quick nap before class started. There was a serene feel that hung in the air, but it shattered instantly when they heard their giddy friend bounding towards them. "Good morning everyone!" she chirped, "is it a lovely day today!" Man, was I also this annoying when I had my happy moments, (Name) thought, her insides tingling in disgust by her friend's saccharine sweet aura. Emiko chuckled, "Well, seems that Aika is pulling a (Name), all happy for the game today." Aika nodded fiercely and shook (Name) awake to get her attention, (Name) could've sworn that she got a concussion from the vigorous shaking that Aika inflicted onto her. "Don't look so down," she tutted, "we're gonna have such a fun time! Besides, your team's probably gonna carry you to victory, so you don't even have to move a muscle!" (Name) clicked her tongue. "I better not move a muscle," she replied flatly.

~~~

"Hey midget~ You ready for the game today?"

"By ready do you mean stand on the court and do nothing as my team mates do everything for me? Because yes, I'm ready."

Tsukishima stopped (Name) by the doorway as they were both going to walk in. He let out a small smile at the girl's reply and tousled her hair before walking away. (Name) huffed and straightened out her hair, she knew it was going to be a challenge to play against Tsukishima and his giraffe looking ass height, so she secretly hoped that they be grouped together. Speaking of which, I wonder how Aika plans on forming the groups, she wondered as she set her notebooks down on her desk. She drummed her fingers on her desk and hummed thoughtfully, if she's going to spend her lunch participating in something she doesn't like, she might as well try and have a good time with it. How you ask? Well, by dicking around like she always does since she's so good at it anyway. Maybe I can use this to make new friends, she told herself optimistically, a few of those guys look pretty cool.

~~~

The bell rang, signalling the end of the morning classes. (Name) grunted and stretched out her back, listening to the satisfying cracks wafting to her ears. (Name) cleared her desk and pulled out her lunch out of her bag, setting it on her desk. Rubbing her hands together hungrily, she was ready to pounce on her food before it got nabbed from her. (Name) looked up in rage and confusion to see Aika holding it above her jokingly. "Let's eat by the gym so we don't have to walk over later. Bring your gym clothes, too," she instructed, causing (Name) to throw a hissy fit like a lil' BITCH. Groaning, she hauled herself out of her chair and lazily picked up her gym bag, slinging it over her shoulder and trudging out of the classroom. If someone were to google lethargy, (Name) would pop up as a result. Aika buzzed with elation and grabbed (Name)'s arm to speed up her walking, if you could even call it that. "I already told Hana and Emiko to wait for us by the gym, so we're all gonna eat there together!" she cheered and strided on even faster. She halted to a stop once reaching their destination, causing (Name) to run into Aika's back, her nose colliding onto Aika's back. She rubbed her throbbing nose and waved at her friends, who were already there waiting for them by the entrance. (Name) straightened her skirt and sat down on the steps, nabbing her lunchbox back from Aika along the way, and started scarfing down her food. She felt particularly hungry today for no reason whatsoever, she presumed it was due to the fact that her second half of lunch will be busy and exhausting for her.