.009

Chapter Nine
009. I Can Show You The World!

THE EVACUATION DID NOT LAST VERY LONG

THE EVACUATION DID NOT LAST VERY LONG.  Standing halfway down the stairs, Elizabeth has a perfect view of the entire student body. Her dear cousin Cecelia sits alone, not sporting her usual mischievous smirk and her favorite Mikaelson nowhere in sight. Almost as if Henry could hear her thoughts, he catches her gaze from his seat. Elizabeth rolls her eyes at the cocky grin he offers. The little make-out sessions they steal when he finds himself not attached to Faye's hip mean almost nothing, and they both know it. Elizabeth's gaze locks onto Faye, who stares down at her food; not far from Faye's table sits Dean with a few of the wolves. The blonde Saltzman catches several stolen glances between Faye and Dean.

"Lizzie," Hope says but only earns an outward groan. Elizabeth pushes past Hope storming back toward the dormitories. Back at her room, she lets the door slam shut as her mind recalls the awful three-hour shuttle. She has already patronized her father and openly blamed Hope. In front of her mirror, she practices her breathing, doing her best to keep her dramatic outburst at bay.

"I wish Hope had never come to this school," A foreign sound shot off in her room. She whips around to find a blue woman standing at the foot of her bed. A yellow-gold dress with gold accessories paints her skin. "Where did you come from?"

"First, things first. I'm—" Elizabeth's eyes narrow as she points out the blue of the woman's skin. Introducing herself as Ablah, Elizabeth wastes no time in pointing out she was clearly a monster. "Would a monster grant your wish?"

"Holy crap," A smile breaks out across Elizabeth's face. Then, grinning ear to ear like a child on Christmas, she speaks with a silvery tone, "You're a freaking genie."

"Hm, Jinni, and your wish is my command," At the snap of Ablah's hand, Elizabeth's bedroom evaporates from sight. When her eyes open again, she lays on her bed; a light tapping on her door stirs her. 

"Elizabeth," Her father calls out to her from the other side of her bedroom door. When it opens, he whispers rise and shine. "What, you're taking a day off, Lizzie B?"

"Dad, what time is it? I had the weirdest dream—" She pauses as she sits up; Alaric now sports a beard. Head tilting to the side, her eyebrows pull together, "What happened to your face?"

"Quit stalling. It's time for fight training," Alaric says, bringing his hands together. Elizabeth's shoulders fall at her side as her eyes downcast. She voices her disinterest in watching Hope be a ninja, but Alaric's eyebrows raise. "Who?"

"Never mind," She says, a smile creeping up onto her lips. Her father explains that Josie already waits at the docks for them. She does not move as Alaric leaves her room. Her eyes take note of the pictures on her dresser. Both herself and Josie smile happily with their cousin Cecelia and now friend Faye Laurent. The pictures progress from their elementary school years well into middle school and now high school.