Chapter Seven

Vicky walked into Parker's class.
"Vicky! You came to see me",he sprang up from his seat excited.
"I didn't come to see you I just want to ask you a question", Vicky said coldly leaving him dejected.
"Oh what can I help you with?"
Vicky took a deep breath,
"Did you send me something this morning?"
Parker looked confused,
'I was planning to send her something but someone got there before me. I can't let my rival win'
"Yes I did", Parker lied.
"I see", Vicky spat angrily, slapping him.
"You.. You hit me", Parker held his cheek.
"And I'd do it again. I never knew you could stoop so low. If anything happens to Brooke I'll hurt you", she said as she stepped out of the classroom.
Tristan passed her and walked into the class,
"What happened?",he asked

"I.. I don't know", Parker replied.

After school

"Hey thanks for waiting", Alex said as he strolled towards the school gate where Vicky stood.
"You're thirty minutes late", she said.
"You could have gone home by yourself",he pointed out.
Vicky stared at the men who stood outside of the school with their lustful gazes.
"You know I can't, let's go", she said holding his hand.
Alex smiled and walked with her.
As they passed a gym three men came out,
"Manchester!", one called out.
Alex frowned as he saw the man and his friends walk over to them.
"Well well Manchester's got an angel by his side", the man who called him smirked.
"Does your big brother know?", another man asked.
'Why do they look like gangsters?', Vicky thought.
"He doesn't have to know", Alex said through gritted teeth.
"We're not together", Vicky interjected.
Alex looked at her,"We're not?"
Vicky shook her head firmly,"We're just friends"
Alex sighed,"Let's get out of here"
"Be careful girly Manchester's not the safest guy to be around!", the last man yelled at their retreating figures.

______________________________________

Damian rubbed his eyes just to make sure. His sister was with a guy and they were holding hands.
"Maddie! You've got to see this!",he yelled into the kitchen where she was.
Maddie ran to his side and smiled.
"I don't believe it"
Vicky saw her siblings staring at them with smiles, she let Alex's hand go.
"Thanks for walking me home", she said.
Alex nodded and turned back.
Vicky approached her home,
"We didn't know you had a boyfriend", Maddie said.
"He's not my boyfriend"

"Don't lie to me, I know what I saw"

"Holding hands doesn't mean we're together"
"Vicky! We'll you leave us for your boyfriend", Damian teased.

"I'm going to study", Vicky banged her bedroom door.
"She's in love but doesn't want to tell us", Maddie told Damian.

Next morning

Vicky walked to her classroom and noticed notes of money strayed on the ground. As she opened her classroom door wads of money fell on her.
Not again
She made her way towards her desk but what stood in place of her regular plastic desk was a desk made of solid gold.
"Who the hell would sit on gold?!"

______________________________________

"I hope she likes it", Parker said to Tristan.
"She will don't worry", Tristan assured him.
"Parker!"
They both see Vicky pushing the gold desk and hauling a bag full of money.
"Take back all this crap!", she tries to throw it at him isn't physically strong enough.
Parker stares in shock,
"Was it not enough?"
"Stay away from me! You poisoned my best friend,are these also covered in poison?", she shouted pushing the desk towards him.
"I've no idea what you're talking about", Parker answered.
"You admitted yesterday that you poisoned my best friend with that cake you sent me!"

"Poisoned? I didn't poison anyone"

"But you told me yesterday that you sent me the cake", she replied getting irritated.
Parker remembered what he said yesterday and face palmed.
"I lied. I thought you would like whoever sent you the gift and decided to lie",he said embarrassed.
"Hmm! I hate liars too so stop wasting your time on me", She said leaving the classroom.

Parker clenched his fists,"I'll find out who tried to poison you Vicky"

______________________________________
Theater club

"Allan's always getting the lead",a girl said to her friend.
"And the leading ladies he always makes them fall for him even if they're taken", her friend replied as they made their way towards the costume closet.

"I heard Vicky rejected Parker even after he gave her wads of cash", the girl said as she grabbed the costumes.
"Really who the hell does that girl think she is?", her friend replied.

"Ladies we still need the costumes",a voice was heard behind them.
"Oh A-Allan w-we erm ....I ", the girl stumbled on her words as Allan Lockhart smiled at her.
"We should make our way to the set, the others are waiting",he said taking the costumes from the starstrucked girl who nodded.
Her friend pulled her towards the set.

'What kind of girl refuses Parker?', Allan thought still smiling