CHAPTER 13

(A/N: Please refer to chapter 6)

The nobles who are present in the royal court got into a heated battle when the news about the reinforcement getting wiped out before they even get to the border reached their ears.

All of the nobles are talking simultaneously which made the crown prince frown at their noises. When he slammed the table hard, all of the noises died down and they all looked at him with a cautious expression.

Crown Prince Karl Henry IV showed a face of a proud person who won't accept defeat. Before the nobles open their mouth again, he quickly dismissed them. After the last one left, the prince took the envelope and throw it away, it's the envelope that contains the news of the reinforcement that got wiped out with unknown forces. But they knew it wasn't someone else.

"Raizel! That bastard!" Crown Prince Karl Henry gritted his teeth in anger, he thought that the news he'll receive this time is Duke Tarquin Raizel Tennesley's death, but it isn't, instead, his troops are the ones who died.

"Y-your majesty, please calm down, we'll thoroughly investigate this matter and-" the minister was trying to soothe him, but he got cut off by Crown Prince Karl as he threw another envelope towards the minister's face.

"Shut the fuck up! We don't have to investigate this matter, because Raizel killed them!" his temper runs loose in front of his subordinates, although they're used to this kind of scenario where the Crown Prince loses his temper because of his mortal enemy, Duke Tennesley. 

The two were best friends when they were little, but when they grew up, a gap suddenly appeared between them. The two would get into a heated battle with one another when they got the chance, but the wise emperor always stands between the two without taking any sides. The emperor thought that they'll make up soon, but that time didn't come, the two got married to their fiancees, a scandal happened and their hatred for one another grew even more. 

The moment the Crown Prince sent Duke Tennesley towards the battlefield after his marriage, he just showed the face of a person who just responds with someone's tantrums which irritated the Crown Prince even more. While the Duke is on the battlefield, currently risking his life to save the empire, the Crown Prince covet Duke Tennesley's wife. 

The Duke went home after a year, seeing the woman he married holding her newborn baby while looking at him with the eyes of someone who doesn't show any remorse. The Duke got his pieces of evidence and told his wife, Duchess Emily, to sign their divorce papers or he'll ruin her until she wishes she were dead. 

The Crown Prince thought he got the Duke good, but when he woke up the next morning, he saw the former Duchess threatening him to take her as his concubine or she'll tell everyone the adultery that happened between them. Crown Prince Karl Henry doesn't want to lose the citizen's favor, taking Emily as his concubine will only make Duke Tennesly look even worse, getting abandoned by his wife after a year of marriage is really something to laugh at.

"After six years of taking away his wife, it seems like he still hasn't moved on. I'll let him be this time, once he comes back to the capital, I'll make his head roll on the ground." After Crown Prince, Karl Henry said that he walked proudly leaving all of his subordinates with baffled and tired expressions.

All this time, they still didn't know the reason the Crown Prince's obsession with killing his former best friend, keeping up with this Crown Prince made them all tired.

________________________________________________________________________________

Arabella tapped her fingers onto the table inside her office. The place is good and nice to think quietly while Blaine and Scarlet play outside. Arabella thought this will be the best time to rest for a while and thoroughly examine the situation that happened two weeks ago, but a pair of eyes doesn't seem to agree with her.