CHAPTER 4

The kitchen was clean, there's not a single thing we can cook here. The only thing I see were spices that were neatly organized on the rack.

"Hey, were you the one who organize this place?" I ask while Blaine is helping me walk.

"Yes..moth-Miss Arabella."

"Help me sit there kid."

Blaine gladly obliged to help me sit down on the wooden chair. Then I look at him straight in the eyes.

"I am so sorry Blaine."

The shocked Blaine froze and got teary-eyed again.

"You-you're kicking me out?" he asks.

"huh? No! I'm apologizing to you."

"Why? I was the one who made you like that moth-Miss."

I sigh when he's trying to suppress his urge to call me 'mother'.

"Go on Blaine, call me mother or mommy like you used to," I said with a smile as I reach for his hands.

His loud crying suddenly got its second session. This one sure is a crybaby eh.

"Mo-mother!!!!" he shouted and hug me, I got startled. His tiny warm hands wrapped around me got me teary-eyed as well. How long has he been holding his feelings?

"Hush, It's fine. I'm sorry about everything....my son." the word 'son' that came out of my mouth is very new to me. But, I like it. In my past life, I'm very fond of kids. I was already thirty years old and still single when I died. Now, I'm inside the body of a twenty-one-year-old woman, who's healthy. Although these actions of mine will somehow slightly change the story, I'm just a side character it won't affect the major events.

My heart suddenly ached, because I decided to leave this child in two years. In two years, there will be an old man who delivered mails that will recognize Blaine. He's the old butler in Vresea Estate, he quit when he heard the duke died, he came back to his hometown and started doing the job of delivering mails.

Nobody sends mails in her mansion, everyone had forgotten about the beauty in the east that was once got the attention of the empress. But, because of Arabella's low status, even if she's a noble, the empress let the thought of making her the fiancée to one of the princes in the empire. The original Arabella didn't give much thought to it, since she already loves the count at that time. But, her fiancé suddenly turned his back on her, and grab onto some big fish. But, one day, the countess, whom his stupid ex-fiancé married, invited her to attend her tea party. That's the only mail she received after seven years.

The old butler saw the uncanny resemblance of the kid who accepted the mail because Arabella is busy tending to her crops. The butler immediately notifies Duke Vresea's Estate. Knights traveled to their hometown and saw Blaine that truly resembled the late Duke Vresea. Arabella saw the crest on their armors and quickly went upstairs to get the old coin she got that day and presented it to the knights.

The crest became the key. She told them the whole story and ask money from them, which the knights gave. Blaine cried, because his mother is now drowning in money, while the armored men are dragging him inside the carriage. Arabella glared at Blaine that day and slammed the door shut. Blaine's world crumbled the moment Arabella, his glaring mother slammed the door shut on his face.

"Mo-mother. Is it bad for me to think that it's a blessing that you hit your head?"

Blaine's sudden question made me laugh. We're still hugging each other when he asked me.

"Yeah, it's not a blessing...but, my accident can be an exception."

"Mother, I-I got mushrooms."

I let Blaine out of my hands and looked at him.

"Where are your mushrooms? I'll cook it for you." she needs to see those mushrooms first because it can be poisonous.

"I know what you're thinking mother, those mushrooms I gathered aren't poisonous. You already taught me what mushrooms can be eaten. Here." he said then took the mushrooms inside a small sack and put in my hands.

Oh, I forgot.

Arabella loves teaching things about herbs, spices, and plants to Blaine when he was just three years old.

I roamed my eyes around the kitchen, there are spices, flours, eggs, oil, starch, rice, milk...yeah, and we're going to eat fried mushrooms and milky mushroom soup.

"I'm going to cook now."

"But, mother...you can't cook."

shit, I forgot again.

The former Arabella was a terrible cook.

"I-I practiced on my own, trust me. This time you'll like my cooking." I said.

"It's fine mother, I'll eat anything you cook."

Awwww my heart. Blaine is a tall kid, even though he's only five, his height is already like a seven years old kid should possess. I patted his head and smiled at him.

"Okay! Let's get started. Get me that flour, pepper, starch, a bowl, and a cup of water." I instructed, but Blaine looks bewildered. "Why?" I ask.

"No-nothing mother, I'll go get it."

I didn't know Blaine frowned at that time because he saw my eyes changed its colors in a flash and quickly return to its original color. Blaine thought it's just his imagination and shrugged it off.