CHAPTER 1

"Mis-miss Arabella!"

A young boy beside me apologized while suppressing his tears; this became the first scene I saw after waking up from a long dream. My head feels miserable and my body that's lying on the bed feels like it will break anytime soon.

"...."

I didn't say anything and just looks at him with my eyes roaming around his face. When I realized something I chuckled and let my eyes off of the young boy beside me and stare at the ceiling. I saw him flinch in my peripheral vision when he heard my faint laugh.

"This is not true, tell me...this isn't true," I mumbled to myself.

"Miss...you-you can punish me again for what I did, but please don't kick me out. I-I'll do anything and I won't wander off the woods ever again!" my eyes went towards the young boy again, when I saw his suppressed tears that are now falling freely down his face, which made me sad and mad at the same time.

The kid closed his eyes when he saw my left hand reaching his face. My fingers gently wiped the tears that made him open his eyes and stared at me with shock visible in his eyes. I retracted my hand after wiping his tears and stare at the ceiling again.

"Get me some water, kid," I said, he quickly reacted to my words and immediately run towards the door, probably to get me some water.

When he's no longer beside me, I forced myself to sit. Even though I felt like dying, I still managed to sit on the bed and roam my eyes around the room.

This is definitely Arabella Maguire's room. A side character in a novel...that I wrote. Although it's me who wrote it, my sister was the one who became known to be its author.

This is insane. All I wanted was to get away from them and live my life to get what I truly deserved. Free from her clutches, free from always being a good sister that doesn't say a thing even if all I got was nothing. 

For twenty years, I became my twin sister's shadow. Allina, my twin sister, has heart disease and I am her twin sister who's healthy. We're fraternal twins, they say. Always hearing those saying how lucky I am makes me sick. 

My parents telling me that I should take care of my sister, instead of going out with my friends makes me nauseated. I do love my sister before, she became my only world. My parents and I, our world revolves around her. All of my achievements became nothing in front of my parents, it's fine. Me, being called a loner in school is fine because my sister is more important to me.

Everything went downhill the moment I persuaded my parents to let me participate in the Musical Theater Club. They didn't agree to it and they insisted I should just focus on looking after my sister. I didn't tell a single soul and went to join the musical theater club, even if my parents didn't agree to it. 

Everything was fine when nobody knows, my voice became livelier at home, my parents even ask if something good happened at school. I just said that my new classmates were fun to be with. Never have I ever thought that my sudden change triggered Allina's suppressed hate to me.

The day arrived when I'll be able to show my hard work to everyone at school. Everything seems fine, but when it was my turn to sing and act my part on the stage. My sister came rushing in backstage clutching her chest. 

Allina's pale like she's about to die. I went towards her and carried her in my arms and went to the nearest hospital.

The doctor said that I shouldn't worry, since she's already stable. I went out to get some air and to buy some fruits for her. 

My club mates kept on calling to ask me what happened. My role wasn't that big, so even if I wasn't there, the whole play wasn't that much affected. Although my heart felt like it's breaking apart, I held on. Because my sister is more important than a play.